The Essential Role Of The Executive Pastor with Scott Douglass [Podcast]
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Sarah talks with Scott Douglass, Executive Pastor of LifePoint Church in Reisterstown, MD.
Scott Douglass is the Executive Pastor of LifePoint Church in Reisterstown, MD. Prior to ministry work, Scott fulfilled a variety of diverse roles, from construction engineering to running a large international school in Morocco. It was during his time in Morocco where LifePoint found him and offered the role of Executive Pastor.
Scott never assumed his skills could be transferred to full-time ministry work, but through his experience at LifePoint he’s seen how his corporate background can be a valuable asset to the church.
Scott talks with Sarah about:
- Leaving the corporate world and joining a team of pastors
- Managing a staff with a different skill set
- The importance of building a strategy for a church
- Implementing new systems onto a church staff
- How to say “no” gracefully
- The best things to do in your first 90 days of a new job
Guest Links: Scott Douglass
Links mentioned in this episode:
- StrengthsFinders 2.0
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Lasting Impact: 7 Powerful Conversations That Will Help Your Church Grow by Carey Nieuwhof
- Trello App