How To Graciously Fire A Church Staff Member with Jeremy Roberts [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen October 25, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, William talks with Dr. Jeremy Roberts, lead pastor of Church of the Highlands in Chattanooga, TN.
Dr. Jeremy Roberts is the lead pastor of Church of the Highlands in Chattanooga, TN, and an adjunct professor at Liberty University and Midwestern Seminary. He also is the author of several books and has both a podcast and a blog dedicated to helping other leaders think through vision, creativity, and church growth.
William talks with Jeremy about:
- How to lead your church through strategic change
- Effective & gracious ways to "prune" your staff
- How to discern whether to move a team member from full to part-time
- Best practices for the timing of firing a staff member
- How to handle being a new pastor stepping into leadership of an established team
Guest Links: Jeremy Roberts
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Church of the Highlands
- VSG's Sample Seperation Agreement
- What Got You Here Won't Get You There
- Jeremy's podcast