How Church Leaders Can Lean Into Their Giftedness with Sean Palmer
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Holly talks with Pastor Sean Palmer, Teaching Pastor at Ecclesia in Houston, Texas.
Sean Palmer is the Teaching Pastor at Ecclesia Church in Houston, Texas. He is a self-proclaimed “child of the church”, being a part of the local church for his entire life and beginning ministry work directly following college. Before starting in his current role, he was the Lead Pastor for another ministry in the Temple area.
Sean is a sought-after speaker, a prolific blogger, writer, and ghostwriter. He, his wife, Rochelle, and their two daughters live in Houston, TX.
Sean talks with Holly about:
- The decision to transition from a Lead Pastor to Teaching Pastor
- Following God’s calling to become a co-pastor
- His strategy to prevent complacency in ministry
- The important difference between a leader and a disciple
- Similar struggles and hurdles of small and large churches
- How church leaders can best encourage staff members
- How churches can protect their cultures
Guest Links: Sean Palmer
- Sean on Twitter
- Sean on Facebook
- Ecclesia Houston
- Unarmed Empire: In Search of Beloved Community by Sean Palmer
- Not So Black And White Podcast by Sean Palmer and John Alan Turner
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You by John Ortberg
- NBA 2K18 App