How To Build (And Retain) Your Best Volunteer Team with Scott Magdalein
By: Vanderbloemen January 16, 2018
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Holly talks with Scott Magdalein, Founder & CEO of TrainedUp, a virtual training program for church leaders and volunteers.
Scott Magdalein is the founder of TrainedUp, a simple online training platform used by ministries and teams of all sizes to develop leaders, train volunteers, teach the Bible and equip believers. Scott leads TrainedUp with 13 years of ministry experience, most recently as an executive pastor, and over a decade of technology leadership.
Scott talks with Holly about:
- Why volunteer ministry is difficult for church leaders
- Specific challenges in the training of volunteer teams
- Advice for church leaders operating on a small team
- Biggest mistakes of churches in volunteer training
- The difference between onboarding and ongoing training for volunteers
- How effective training can retain volunteers
- Baby steps to implementing effective onboarding and training for volunteers