What Churches Should Know About Team Building with Dr. James Merritt [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen June 21, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Holly talks with Dr. James Merritt, Lead Pastor of Cross Pointe Church.
Dr. James Merritt has lived to serve the cause of Christ for over four decades, currently though Cross Pointe Church in Duluth, Georgia. He has an undergraduate degree from Stetson University and Master of Divinity and Doctor of Philosophy degrees from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. Each week, Merritt's messages are broadcast in all 50 states and 122 countries around the world through Touching Lives, a television and media ministry.
Dr. Merritt has published several books including How to Impact and Influence Anybody, God, I've Got a Question, Still Standing, What God Wants Every Dad to Know and 52 Weeks with Jesus with Harvest House publishers. His pure passion is to teach people everywhere who Jesus is and why they need Him.
Dr. Merritt talks with Holly about:
- Following God's sudden call to ministry as a young adult
- How he started Touching Lives, Inc. and its influence
- Deciding whether to find staff internally or externally
- How to determine a good hire from a bad hire
- The importance of chemistry and competancy on a staff
- The difference between leading Cross Pointe Church and Touching Lives Inc.
Dr. James Merritt
Guest Links: Dr. James Merritt
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
- Our Lost Constitution: The Willful Subversion of America's Founding Document by Mike Lee
- Express Dictate App