How To Do Ministry In A De-Churched Context with Jon Ritner [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen January 3, 2017
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Holly talks with Jon Ritner, Lead Pastor of Ecclesia Hollywood in Los Angeles.
Jon Ritner is the Lead Pastor of Ecclesia, a community-centered church nestled in the heart of Hollywood. Ecclesia has a unique ministry focus because of its location, striving to help people forge deep relationships despite being in a transient, busy, and often "skin-deep" city.
Before serving at Ecclesia, Jon was familiar with the ministry context of a large city, having served as Pastor of The Well, a multi-site church in Brussels, Belgium. Prior to being called to Belgium, Jon served for ten years at the intergenerational Williamsburg Community Chapel.
Holly talks with Jon about:
- How to do ministry in the "post-Christian" context
- Creative strategies for reaching de-churched people
- How to hire staff members or identify key volunteers who will be successful serving in a post-Christian or transient context
Guest Links: Jon Ritner
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- The Forgotten Ways: Reactivating The Missional Church by Alan Hirsch
- The Inner Voice Of Love by Henri Nouwen
- YouVersion, Life.Church's Bible App
- DJStrickland Podcast
Quotes from Jon: