[Podcast] Developing A Leadership Culture with Tim Stevens
By: Holly Tate October 29, 2015
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Holly talks with Tim Stevens, Director of Executive Search Consultants at Vanderbloemen Search Group.
Tim joined Vanderbloemen from Granger Community Church where he served as the Executive Pastor for twenty years. He was a part of growing Granger from a church of 350 to over 6,000 with a staff of 125. Tim’s leadership helped Granger connect with people who think church is irrelevant. He did this through the creative blending of architecture, strategy, and technology. He was instrumental in balancing operations with building effective teams.
Tim is also a gifted writer with six published books on church vision and strategy including Simply Strategic Volunteers, Pop Goes the Church, and Vision: Lost & Found. His newest book, Fairness is Overrated, on organizational culture was published by Thomas Nelson in January of 2015. He also writes on leadership through his blog LeadingSmart.com.
Tim talks with Holly about:
- Key chapters in any church's growth from church plant to megachurch
- Empowerment of lay people and volunteers
- What makes an effective Executive Pastor
- Internal vs. external hires
- How to know when it's time to hire from the outside
- Biggest mistakes churches make in team building
- Navigating a season of job transition
Guest Links: Tim Stevens
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Fairness Is Overrated: And 51 Other Leadership Principles To Revolutionize Your Workplace by Tim Stevens
- Simply Strategic Volunteers: Empowering People For Ministry by Tony Morgan and Tim Stevens
- Necessary Endings by Henry Cloud
- Courage: The Backbone of Leadership by Gus Lee