The Best Resources For Developing Leaders with Todd Adkins [Podcast]
By: Vanderbloemen August 16, 2016
The Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast brings you interviews from leaders across the theological spectrum of the global Church. Our goal is to bring you thought-provoking interviews that encourage you, challenge you, and help you build, run, and keep great teams.
In today's episode of the Vanderbloemen Leadership Podcast, Holly talks with Todd Adkins, Director of Leadership at Lifeway Christian Resources, about developing a leadership pipeline.
Todd Adkins is the Director of Leadership at Lifeway Christian Resources. Prior to working with Lifeway, Todd served in student ministry and as an Executive Pastor for several years. He is passionate about the development of leaders, especially within the Church.
Since his start at Lifeway, he has fostered the growth of Ministry Grid, a leadership development platform for church leaders. Ministry Grid features over 3,700 videos and a fully customizable learning management system for churches. He is now leading Lifeway's Pipeline Conference, which helps pastors and church leaders receive practical training on leadership development.
Todd talks with Holly about:
- The biggest challenge to developing leaders in the Church
- How to scale development through a pipeline
- The 3 essential characteristics to see transformation
- 4 hurdles that the local church manages in a leadership development pipeline
- Why all leaders need to have experience and coaching
- Advice for pastors who feel under-resourced for their staff
Guest Links: Todd Adkins
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Simple Church: Returning to God's Process for Making Disciples by Thom Rainer & Eric Geiger
- Lifeway's Pipeline Conference
- Lifeway Leadership App
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader by Peter Scazzero
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Platform Revolution by Sangeet Choudary, Marshall Van Alstyne, & Geoffrey Parker
- Over app