Theology: Evangelical Covenant
Weekly Attendance: 8500
Neighborhood: Roseville, California
The role: The Bayside Church - Granite Bay Campus Women’s Pastor generates vision and passion to unleash women of all ages and in all stages of life to live, love, and lead in the fullness of their God-given gifting in their personal, ministry, and community settings.
Meet Bayside Church - Granite Bay:
Pastor Ray Johnston planted Bayside in 1995, and has led the church to become one of the largest, fastest growing, and healthiest churches in the country. Bayside is the largest church in the Sacramento metropolitan area and is affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church. The church has grown to over 19,000 with much of the growth happening in the past few years. Every weekend there are 22 services to choose from at seven campuses (and one more to launch soon!). The Granite Bay campus is the “original” site, and is located in Roseville, California, which also hosts a video café.
There are scores of ministries and programs for all ages in all phases of life, but it all comes back to their focus on just three priorities: Reach Wide, Grow Deep, and Unleash Compassion. Everything Bayside does can be connected to one of these three values.
The Bayside culture is engaging, fast-paced, and yet full of oxymorons: there is a strong vision and leader, and yet a culture of humility and mutual submission. It is one of the fastest growing churches in the country, and yet they are the first to admit they haven’t figured it all out. They are organized and systematic in some ways, yet organic in others. There is a real sense of strategy and intentionality, and an entrepreneurial vibe of “building the plane while flying.”
About the Women's Pastor:
- Design and implement multi-generational and diverse women’s programs, events, and various ministries on the GB Campus, as well as provide discipleship and leadership development
- Develop strategy for implementing a global ministry vision for women
- Lead GB Women’s Ministry team in executing said vision, and consult with all other Bayside Campus Women Directors to implement Global Bayside strategy for Women
- Participate in developing and overseeing women’s Bible study programs, events, and various ministries
The Women's Pastor will:
- Proactively communicate, support, and fulfill the mission, vision, core values, purposes, and goals of Bayside Church
- Build a volunteer and staff team who collectively and individually accomplish the same mission
- Adhere to the Bayside Staff Core Values
- Seek out strategic prayer and outreach opportunities to be included into the rhythm and culture of all aspects of programming
- Recruit and train volunteer coordinators/provide discipleship and leadership development
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have formal education in theology or biblical studies, with a preference toward a master’s degree.
The ideal candidate will likely have experience with social media usage and strategy, and authorship or prior writing experience. The ideal candidate will know what it is like to work in a large church, likely with experience leading in a church of 5,000 or more.
- Has the ability to set local and global vision, lead and develop people and programs, creatively solve problems, is self-motivated, and values collaboration.
- Is a compelling communicator with creative and biblical content.
- Has the ability to organize people and systems, with basic computer and written communication skills.
- Has the ability to enthuse, gather, and empower others.
- Possesses a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Displays a healthy chemistry with the leadership, members, and culture of Bayside Church.
- Has proven skills that foster trust, fairness, and teamwork among staff, members, and volunteers, with a common focus on excellence in all areas.
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism.
- Is a team player, can both lead and follow.
- Has the ability to relate to people across generations and backgrounds.
- Possesses a worldview and theological doctrine that matches Bayside Church.
- Displays the desire to lead by servanthood.
- Is a collaborative team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
- Is a strong communicator who listens well and is comfortable and effective at all levels of the organization.
What it's like to live in Roseville, California:
Beautiful Roseville, California is nestled in the picturesque mountain foothills of the Sierras and is part of the greater Sacramento metropolitan area. With elevations ranging from 200 feet to over 10,800 feet, there is tremendous diversity in the landscape and much to discover. Rich in history and with various recreational choices, there is something for everyone.
Recreational activities in the Sacramento area include biking country roads, walking trails along small streams, boating and jet skiing at Folsom Lake, as well as hiking trails around the lake. Folsom Lake, with 77 miles of shoreline, is one of the most heavily used recreational areas in the state. Not only are there an abundance of lakes, the area boasts over 575 miles of rivers and streams that provide habitat for over 20 known species of fish. The Sierra Nevadas provide you a choice of many ski areas; all within a one and a half hour drive from Roseville.
The welcoming community of Roseville is situated in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, between the San Francisco Bay area and the scenic Lake Tahoe basin. It is a short drive to Lake Tahoe and the High Sierras, offering fantastic skiing, while the summer offers hiking, camping, hunting, and fishing. Roseville is also approximately a two hour drive from San Francisco.
Think you're a great fit for this position? Become a candidate here.