Weekly Attendance: 300
Location: Centreville, VA
The Role: Director of Children and Family Ministries
Meet Centreville Presbyterian Church:
We are a Bible-based, Gospel-focused, Discipleship passionate Presbyterian church. I hope it’s clear from that sentence where our priorities are.
We aren’t just looking for someone to run a Children’s program. We are looking for another member of our team and a leader in our church family. We are looking for someone whose gifts, faith, and friendship influence our lives and all of the ministries at CPC. You’ll be joining a team of enjoyable and talented followers of Jesus. You don’t need to be presbyterian to come on board, but we do have a few distinctives that we think you may find refreshing. God is moving at CPC! We are in a period of growth and change as new generations of family are coming.
About the Director of Children and Family Ministries:
The Director of Children and Family Ministries is a vital part of the Children's Ministry Leadership Team. The Director will provide oversight, plan, develop, organize, administer and evaluate the CPC Children's Ministries. As they serve and lead children from birth through grade five, the person in this position should view the role as part of the overall formation of the church family.
The Director of Children and Family Ministries' Responsibilities Include:
Develop a vision for Family Ministries with Centreville's overall mission and vision.
Oversee organization, administration, and supervision of all aspects ofFamily Ministries (e.g., early childhood, children's worship, Sunday school, Baptism and Communion classes, and kids-to-parent faith milestones).
Maintain communication with the congregation, other CPC ministries, and in our community.
- Responsible for innovating new ways to reach kids with strong, Biblical age-appropriate teaching.
Oversee the Family Ministries budget.
Oversee recruitment, training, and support of Family Ministries volunteers.
- Oversee part-time staff (Children's Ministry Coordinator, Interns)
- Help build community structures that helps a whole generation of young families flourish at CPC
- Disciple whole families in their walk with Christ: helping parents communicate with their kids about faith and find community with other people in their same stage of life
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
3 years experience in Children’s Ministry of a church 300 or more
- Have appropriate training/experience in Christian education, child development, and parental mentoring
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A clear vision of discipling kids and families
Highly organized and efficient in building systems within the children’s ministry
- Comfortable with current technology and communication tools, including social media
- Ability to relate well to adults and children
- Passion for kids and investing in the next generation
- Innovator and self-starter
- Professing, growing, and committed Christian of exemplary personal life with a passion and vision for spiritual outreach and nurture of children
- Understands relating to diverse people groups
- Be able to enthusiastically endorse the theological and biblical framework of reformed theology and Presbyterian polity
What It's Like to Live in Centreville, VA:
If you've never lived in NOVA (our nickname for Northern Virginia), you should know it's a beautiful and exciting place to live. Centreville is well-known for being a very diverse and international area. Near "downtown" Centreville, we have several Korean, Thai, Ethiopian, and Vietnamese businesses to eat and enjoy. These make for an enjoyable and educational time with the family!
Speaking of an enjoyable time, Centreville is right outside Washington DC and not too far from the Shenandoah mountains. If you visit, you'll most likely want to stay here and take in all that the city has to offer!
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.