Weekly Attendance: 5280
Theology: Baptist - SBC
Neighborhood: Houston, TX
The role: The Web and Systems Developer at Champion Forest Baptist Church will be an inspirer and a motivator for growth and change in the technology and web development ministry areas of the church, not only maintaining the current website, but also systematically implementing creativity and strategy to improve the website experience and further the mission and vision of the church through the website and communication initiatives.
Meet Champion Forest Baptist Church:
Champion Forest Baptist Church (CFBC) is a well respected church in the Southern Baptist Convention, with a rich history and an eye toward an even better future. Located in Northwest Houston, TX, CFBC is housed in a beautiful 600,000 sq. ft facility on 43 acres with expansion plans for the future. Founded in 1970 by Rev. Robert Guess, CFBC has grown from just a few families to over 12,000 church members. CFBC is now a multi-cultural family focused on diligently reflecting its community and surrounding area. CFBC has seven worship venues at their main campus with 12 services in English and Spanish throughout the week. The main Worship Center seats about 3,900 individuals with a weekly average attendance of over 5,000. Approximately 80% of the weekend attendees are also part of the CFBC Life Groups on Sunday morning. This model of discipleship and community serves the body of the church well as they have consistently been one of the most relevant and influential Sunday School churches in North Houston.
Since 2005, Dr. David Fleming has led CFBC in their mission to help all kinds of people make sense out of life through Christ-Centered Living. This strategy is carried out three-fold; knowing Christ through authentic worship and prayer, growing deeper in their knowledge of Christ as part of the faith community at CFBC, and going out into the world to serve with their God-given gifts. The heartbeat of this mission spills into every ministry at CFBC and is even more important in the years to come as CFBC expands their presence in their multisite strategy. In addition to the original campus, CFBC currently includes North Klein, C3/Conroe, and Jersey village.
About the Web and Systems Developer:
The Web and Systems Developer at Champion Forest Baptist Church will be an inspirer and a motivator for growth and change in the technology and web development ministry areas of the church, not only maintaining the current website, but also systematically implementing creativity and strategy to improve the website experience and further the mission and vision of the church through the website and communication initiatives.
The Web and Systems Developer will:
- Create systems to incorporate the back end of the ROCK system, the church CRM/database, to the front end of the website, with the goal to implement it at 95%.
- Function as a developer who can develop the content management system with customization and technical implementation. The Web and Systems Developer will primarily serve the website, registration, communications, and other website related outlets.
- Develop the website and CRM system into a global management tool and equip others to use the system, for instance, to change a class, alter the calendar, and add specialized content.
- Function in this role as a passionate, curious, and creative developer who is constantly looking for solutions to problems, learning, and adjusting back end processes or systems as necessary, using knowledge and experience.
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Web and Systems Developer:
Applicants should demonstrate a complete knowledge of web technologies, and should provide a complete portfolio of work and references. A college degree is preferred, but not required if competency is adequate. Above all else, the Web and Systems Developer’s desire and aptitude should be high.
The ideal candidate will have experience in skills over years worked. Specifically, the ideal individual will have the following demonstrated skills:
- Ability to build a website from the ground up with HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency with the current Adobe CS suite tools.
- Quick and organized with a deep passion for all things web related.
- Passionate about technology and keeping up with modern trends.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment juggling multiple projects with a quick turnaround and high quality.
- A strong relationship with Jesus Christ and a commitment to investing in their faith, growing in their walk with Jesus, and being part of the local church, if not a member of Champion Forest Baptist Church.
- Alignment with the core beliefs of Champion Forest Baptist Church and the Statement of Faith, as well as a “chemistry” that fits with the culture of the church.
- Investment in Champion Forest Baptist Church and a genuine desire to learn from, work with, and understand the church, staff, and congregation.
- Someone of high character and competency.
- Someone with a teachable spirit.
- Great communication skills and problem-solving.
- Self-starter - a person who is strongly motivated and shows initiative.
- Exhibits a spirit of flexibility and be very willing to accept and lead through change. He or she will gracefully multi-task and exhibit a “roll with the punches” attitude.
- Exude a strong relational personality and build a credible and professional rapport with the department as well as other members of the CFBC team.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of moral principles.
- Calm and sharp under pressure
- Team player.
What it's like to live in Houston, TX:
Houston is the fourth-largest city in the United States and the largest city in the state of Texas. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 2.1 million people within an area of 579 square miles.
Houston is the home of the Texas Medical Center—the world's largest concentration of healthcare and research institutions, as well as NASA's Johnson Space Center, where the Mission Control Center is located.
Rated as a global city, Houston's economy has a broad industrial base in energy, manufacturing, aeronautics, and transportation. It is also leading in healthcare sectors and building oilfield equipment; only New York City is home to more Fortune 500 headquarters. The Port of Houston ranks first in the United States in international waterborne tonnage handled and second in total cargo tonnage handled. The city has a population from various ethnic and religious backgrounds and a large and growing international community. It is home to many cultural institutions and exhibits, which attract more than 7 million visitors a year to the Museum District. Houston has an active visual and performing arts scene in the Theater District and offers year-round resident companies in all major performing arts.
Champion Forest’s location is in a family friendly environment. Their reputation is stellar in the surrounding communities and they are considered a central hub for not only their congregation, but also their neighbors. Excellent schools and parks are readily available. Additionally, the city of Houston offers arts, sports, cuisine, and recreational activities on par or better than other major metropolitan areas of the US. The climate is semi-tropical, allowing residents to enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Think you're a good fit for this role? Become a candidate here.