Weekly Attendance: 1,000
Neighborhood: Virginia Beach, Virginia
The role: The Next Steps and Campus Pastor will possess the ability to accurately handle God’s Word, has a working theology and is able to communicate it effectively in a manner appropriate to the culture and context of the campus. They will be highly relational, capable, courageous, principled, discerning, and collaborative, while displaying strong characteristics of a catalytic leader. A typical candidate for this position could be a previous church planter, tenured pastoral staff, or a tenured Campus Pastor from a previous/existing campus, with a core skill set in leadership and communication, and with a pastoral heart and love for people.
Meet Coastal Community Church:
Coastal Community Church is a multi-cultural and intergenerational church that is friendly and accepting, relevant and practical in teaching.The staff is casual and fun to be around. The church focuses on serving, whether that means globally or through their local food pantry.
Coastal now employs six full-time pastors as well as nine ministry associates and support staff on a part-time basis. The average weekend attendance has reached more than 900, although they are trending higher as many recent Sundays are over 1000, with over 100 high and middle school students meeting in small groups and over 160 children participating in their Coastal Kids Ministry.
Coastal Community Church exists to create more and better followers of Christ and Christ following churches.
About the Next Steps and Campus Pastor:
- Possesses the ability to accurately handle God’s Word - has a working theology and is able to communicate it effectively in a manner appropriate to the culture and context of the campus.
- Understands multisite ministry - preferably has been a part of a multisite church.
- Has experience in effectively leading people and teams - able to build group cohesiveness and create ownership of the ministry in other leaders.
The Next Steps and Campus Pastor will:
- Recruit, develop, and empower LIFE Group leaders
- In collaboration with the Leadership Team, design and implement a clear Next Steps plan for Coastal’s guests and members that replicates onto all future campuses
- Execute events to assimilate more members to groups
Implement a clear discipleship pathway for new members to get plugged into LIFE Groups and different service opportunities
Implement and ensure alignment of the Coastal Multisite Discipleship Strategy
Oversee all aspects of the Coastal Community Church discipleship process
Oversee, teach, and evaluate all aspects of the effectiveness of the Coastal Community Classes
Develop a dynamic and engaging Guest Services Ministry
Serve as part of the Teaching Team
Campus Pastor Goals and Expectations:
Launch a new campus in the near future
Recruit, train, and develop Campus Launch Team
Lead, shepherd, and develop future campus staff, volunteers, and members of the assigned campus
Help create a church-wide culture of multiplication, discipleship, and volunteerism
What you bring:
Although a bachelor’s or master’s degree is not required for this position, it is preferred for the ideal candidate. Theological training is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience in a related field. Multisite experience is a plus. Candidates must have a proven track record of successfully growing a program and demonstrate the ability to build and lead staff and/or volunteers.
- Has a contagious and growing relationship with God
- Has a heart for a neighborhood with a desire to see people taking their next steps toward Christ
- Is a positive leader who can move forward with ideas and plans
- Has leadership qualities and the ability to pastor others
- Desires to use a holistic discipleship approach when implementing strategies to campusIs a team player with a great sense of humor
- Is an excellent communicator who can clearly and appropriately deliver vision and direction of the campus
- Has a demonstrated ability to adapt quickly
- Has a warm personality that allows them to know the leaders and the team quickly and gain credibility with the people of the church and community
- Has a discerning spirit that can evaluate the next steps and see the big picture, sees and can implement the growth of church campuses
- Is always thinking of ways to help people take their next steps on the spiritual journey
- Can develop a plan to evaluate what needs to be improved at their campus as well as the other multisite locations
- Possesses excellent relational skills and an infectious love for people far from God
- Is a gifted communicator who listens well and is open to instruction, guidance, and mentorship from others on the Central Leadership Team
- Possesses a strategic thought process in managing new initiatives, dealing with ambiguity, identifying effective solutions, and envisioning the future
What it's like to live in Virginia Beach, Virginia:
Where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean, the vibrant coastal city of Virginia Beach is home to a flourishing local culinary scene, rich history, a variety of arts and entertainment, and family-friendly attractions that keep locals and visitors entertained year-round. Located in the Coastal Virginia region, the unique districts are open and thriving year-round with residents ready to show visitors how happily locals live life. From the lively oceanfront area to remote Sandbridge, the calming Chesapeake Bay to bustling Town Center, or the eclectic ViBe creative district to the surrounding inland areas, Virginia Beach is a great place to live.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate here.