Weekly Attendance: 2,200
Neighborhood: Evansville, Indiana
The role: The Senior Pastor will be responsible for leading Crossroads Christian Church to make a Kingdom impact locally and globally. He will serve as the primary leader and teacher for the congregation and will invest in the development of leaders. He will be a champion of the values and vision of the church through effective and biblical preaching, teaching, and oversight.
Meet Crossroads Christian Church:
Crossroads is a non-denominational church connected to the Restoration Movement. With over 50 years of ensuring the Gospel’s message is heard and understood locally, nationally, and globally, it has grown to be one of the larger, innovative churches in the Tri-State area for three decades.
Today, Crossroads has two physical campuses and an online campus that provide a welcoming environment, a fun and exciting place for kids and students, and an inviting place to experience and grow in the love of Christ in real ways.
Crossroads has recently endured a difficult season of transition, which became more public than imagined. The staff and congregation have become a stronger and more united community because of God’s faithfulness and provision. Being debt free, the church is in a good position to move forward into God’s mission to redeem all things.
About the Senior Pastor:
- Exhibits stellar communication and preaching abilities.
- Demonstrates a shepherd’s heart, servant leadership, and faithful stewardship.
- Has a committed prayer life and a passion for reaching the lost and discipling believers.
The Senior Pastor will:
- Take personal responsibility for the spiritual growth, health, and maturity of the church and the staff.
- Enthusiastically communicate the values and vision of Crossroads with a sense of urgency.
- Preach Bible-based, Christ-magnifying sermons on a weekly basis that challenge the saved to further the Kingdom and the unsaved to enter the Kingdom.
- Find, hire, and lead staff. Constantly coach and develop staff to improve.
- Disciple leaders and leaders of leaders into the mission of Christ.
- Oversee the church budget and be financially accountable.
- Be present and involved in the community and expand Crossroads’ impact on it.
- Partner closely with the elders to mutually encourage and develop one another in the image of Christ and as effective leaders.
- Exemplify a life of walking closely with Jesus.
- Collaborate with the creative team for weekend program planning.
What you bring:
An undergraduate degree in church leadership or related field (Christian Education/Ministry, Bible, etc.) is required for this position. A master’s degree from an evangelical seminary is highly preferred. Preference may be given to candidates with educational experience from a Restoration Movement institution.
CCC desires their Senior Pastor to have a minimum of ten years of ministry experience as a Senior Pastor, Teaching Pastor or Executive Level Leadership at a church with more than 1000 in weekly attendance. Because proven teaching ability is a must, the ideal candidate will have had regular teaching opportunities and will have multiple video samples available for review.
Is a fully devoted follower of Christ who leads others by his contagious faith, who prioritizes his family’s spiritual life first.
Displays honesty and integrity beyond reproach.
Is a servant leader who demonstrates a teachable and humble spirit.
Is a talented speaker/teacher/preacher; is able to consistently engage a large audience with biblically-rooted, practical, and transformational messages that connect equally with people at all phases of their spiritual journey.
Is a high energy, innovative self-starter with a good work ethic.
Understands and appreciates Restoration Movement principles and values.
Is a collaborative leader.
Has a good sense of humor, obviously enjoys life, and weaves fun into being a Christian.
What it's like to live in Evansville, Indiana:
Evansville is the third largest city in Indiana, with 125,000 people in the city limits and 300,000 in the metropolitan area. Significant downtown development, a citywide branding initiative (check out www.eisforeveryone.com to really see who we are), and an increasing emphasis on cross-sector collaboration have created hope and momentum for the city’s future. It’s a fun time to be here, with many residents noticing that something new is happening.
We’re a place for way-makers and chance takers. It’s the kind of city where you can make an impact. The degrees of separation here are closer to 2 than 7, which means our leaders are accessible and doors open more easily than in a larger city. We have the joy of city life with a small town vibe. Our culture is unique and worth getting to know, and as the restoration wave continues, entrepreneurs continue to add to that culture with new businesses, restaurants, and coffee shops.
Evansville is also conveniently close to 5 major cities in 5 states: Nashville, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati.
Think you'd be a great fit for this position? Become a candidate here.