Denomination: Evangelical Free Church of America
Weekly Attendance: 1600
Location: Madison, WI
The Role: Middle School Pastor
Meet Door Creek Church:
Door Creek Church is a multi-generational, Evangelical Free church rooted in Madison, WI, shepherding 1,600 who attend each week at one of their three campuses. Door Creek Church has a history of faithfully following God’s lead and continues to do so, starting their non-profit, Door of Hope, in 2018 and launching their online campus in 2020. Their main dedication is to see more and more people become devoted followers of Christ, who change the world with His love.
Door Creek Church knows that they are part of a much larger and grander story that God has been writing. Their heartbeat is:
“It’s not our story, it’s God’s story. We’re just honored to be a part of it.”
About the Middle School Pastor:
Door Creek Church is searching for a Middle School Pastor to provide strong leadership to the Middle School Ministry, casting vision for the mission and vision of Door Creek Church. This person will have a proven ability to develop and lead teams of adult volunteers and staff who will lead and care for students and student leaders.
The Middle School Pastor's Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as lead visionary and teacher for Middle School ministry.
- Recruit and equip adult volunteers to lead the Middle School ministry.
- Lead, plan, and execute Middle School Bible studies and events.
- Develop spiritual growth of existing students along with reaching new students.
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Middle School Pastor:
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- Experience leading in a diverse environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective communicator to teens in a large group environment
- Able to develop leaders
- 100% behind the mission and vision of Door Creek Church
- Ability to be a strong, dynamic leader
- Understands the importance of parent(s) and family involvement in student ministry
- Creative and current on the latest trends, culture, and technology
- Ability to be a team player and thrive in collaborative environments
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Commitment to Christ is ultimate in their life
- Passionate about reaching and equipping students
- Highly relational in approach to student ministry
- Demonstrates a level of spiritual and life maturity.
- A self-motivated individual who pursues excellence
- Passionate about multiplying Christ-followers who will serve others, our community, and the world
What it's Like to Live in Madison,WI:
Wisconsin's capital city didn't land 10th on Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Live list by accident. There are plenty of reasons why Madison is an excellent place for anyone to call home, including its local food scene, quality education options, outdoor recreation, and well-rounded and diverse culture.
While it may not be surprising that a college town like Madison has a youthful population, in recent years, millennials from around the country have discovered what locals have long known about Madison: It's not just a great place to go to college. It's a great place to live, work and start a family. Paired with the city's incredibly low unemployment rate and its 6.5% under the national average cost of living, you and your family can comfortably enjoy all Madison has to offer!
Madison’s bragging rights:
- Top 10 Foodie City: Livability
- 15th Most Socially Networked U.S. City: Men’s Health
- In Top Ten Greatest Cycling Cities: USA Today
- Safest City in America for Kids: Men’s Health
- #4 in Best Cities for Health Care: The Daily Beast
- Best Green Town: Wisconsin Trails
- Most Educated City in America: Men’s Health
- 3rd Best City for Young Professionals: Forbes
- Best City for Educated Workers: Huffington Post
- 8th Best Music Scene: Livability
- 10th Best Town to Live: Outside Magazine
Wisconsin’s capital city didn’t land a spot on Livability’s Top 100 Best Places to Live list by accident. There are plenty of reasons why Madison is an excellent place for anyone to call home, including its local food scene, quality education options, and inclusive and diverse culture.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.