Theology: Converge - Baptist
Weekly Attendance: 23,000
Neighborhood: Centerville, Minnesota
The role: The role of the Teaching Pastor is to effectively deliver messages that are grounded in Scripture, rich in story, and have high application to everyday life.
Meet Eagle Brook Church:
Eagle Brook is a big church that feels like a tight knit family. With a focus for meeting people where they are, relevant and practical preaching and teaching, and a world class Kids’ and Student Ministry, Eagle Brook is committed and passionate about reaching people for Christ in their community, starting right where they are.
Eagle Brook exists to reach people for Christ—and that's the heart behind everything they do. They want to create an environment where people can be challenged and encouraged, find Christ-centered community, and grow in their faith.
Eagle Brook has seven locations with their latest location having opened this year. They church locations are at Anoka, Blaine, Lino Lakes, Spring Lake Park, Wayzata, White Bear Lake, and Woodbury.
About the Teaching Pastor:
The Teaching Pastor will:
- Share the speaking responsibilities for weekend services with the Senior Pastor and potentially other teaching pastors.
- Communicate messages in a dynamic, relevant, and challenging way during assigned weekend services.
- Work in tandem with the teaching team to create and develop relevant messages and series that will facilitate the continued growth and maturity of the people of Eagle Brook Church.
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have a required bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree.
The ideal candidate will have, at minimum, seven years of related leadership and ministry experience.
- Embraces the mission of Eagle Brook Church: Empowered by God to reach others for Christ.
- Is committed to the Bible as the supreme authority for life and faith.
- Is aligned with the church’s Nine Core Beliefs.
- Meets biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership.
- Has the spiritual gift of teaching/exhortation.
- Is committed to long-term ministry with the church.
- Is a highly skilled communicator.
- Is reliable and self-motivated, possessing a teachable spirit.
What it's like to live in Twin Cities, Minnesota:
Minneapolis–Saint Paul is a major metropolitan area built around the Mississippi, Minnesota and St. Croix rivers in east central Minnesota. The area is commonly known as the Twin Cities after its two largest cities, Minneapolis, the most populous city in the state, and Saint Paul, the state capital. It is an example of twin cities in the sense of geographical proximity. Minnesotans living outside of Minneapolis and Saint Paul often refer to the two together (or the seven-county metro area collectively) as "The Cities".
The Minneapolis-St. Paul area is incredibly diverse. You will find upscale lodging, dining and award-winning theater, all in an area with dozens of parks, trails and green space including the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area, a national park site that boasts 72 miles of public riverfront.
From quaint small town celebrations to one of the largest state fairs in the nation, there’s an event to attend every weekend no matter the time of year.
Think you would be a great candidate for this position? Become a candidate here.