Weekly Attendance: 2200
Denomination: Assemblies of God
Location: Bismarck, ND
About the Organization:
Evangel is a church that is one big family. They meet weekly to worship Jesus, reconnect over a cup of coffee, and enjoy life together. They are here to celebrate victories and hold each other up in the struggles - believing that a real relationship with Jesus Christ is best lived out in community.
Celebrating its 90th birthday in October, Evangel began when two pastors from Fargo, ND simply set up a tent and started a church. Since then, it’s grown to 2200 weekly attendees and seen rapid growth and the cultivation of a church that is a beacon and light in its community - a place where the Gospel is alive and anyone can attend and feel welcome and part of a family.
About the Position:
The Worship Pastor will provide leadership and vision in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive worship arts ministry.
This individual will possess Christ-like character and will have been spiritually blessed with competencies conducive for leading and inspiring others to reach their fullest potential in Jesus. This individual should be leadership-focused, relationally-driven, team-oriented, and highly self-motivated, as this position calls for an individual who can communicate and lead into a vision in such a way it inspires others to join in that pursuit.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Worship Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. An understanding of the Assemblies of God theology and alignment with its values and characteristics is ideal.
Two or more years of ministry related worship leadership experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have had experience working as an effective leader of ministry teams, with the responsibility of providing vision for team members.
- Skilled in identifying, attracting and recruiting new leaders.
- Experience in empowering people and leading teams of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful leadership experience in vision setting.
- Able to administer and organize budgets, events and ministry communications.
- Display a continuous practice of leadership and humility.
- Current with ministry trends through various resources and conferences.
- A history of leading, recruiting, training, and deploying volunteers.
- Spends time in prayer and the study of God’s Word on a daily basis.
- Practices Biblical tithing
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ
- Faithfully committed to personally follow and apply biblical principles and possess a high level of integrity, loyalty, and honor for Godly leadership.
- Teachable and humble attitude with a servant’s heart.
- Superb leader and manager also not prone to procrastination.
- A healthy chemistry with the leadership, members, and culture of Evangel.
- Self-led, self-starter, and goal-oriented worker.
- Results driven with a common focus of excellence throughout every assigned task.
- Energetic and enthusiastic, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed.
- FAMILY FOCUSED
- Lead by example, but also by instruction
- Have the ability to work hard yet be friendly and relational
- Speak life of team members and stay off the gossip train
- INSIDE OUT
- Protect the vision by providing answers to questions and solutions for problems
- Have a willing, “can do” attitude and team mentality to needs outside your role
- Show humility in conflict
- Avoid the “I didn’t know” mentality
- BRING OUR BEST
- Bring best attitude to work, meetings, services, and events
- Smiling is a top priority
- Help provide a spiritual atmosphere in the church office
- LIVE TO GIVE
- Delegate and empower to build leaders and ministry
- Have teachable attitude and desire to learn and grow
- Engage in healthy, mature conflict with team to grow the ministry
- FUTURE MINDED
- Lead ministry changes with energy and excitement
- Be comfortable with tension created by change
About the Location:
Bismarck is the capital city of North Dakota, and the second most populous city in North Dakota, after Fargo. The city has a population of 72,000+ people, with a metro population of 131,000+,and was ranked by Forbes in 2015 as one of the fastest-growing small cities in the United States.
The tall, art deco North Dakota State Capitol is set on landscaped grounds. Nearby, the North Dakota Heritage Center & State Museum traces the state’s natural and cultural history. The restored Former Governors’ Mansion dates back to the late 19th century. By the Missouri River, the Dakota Zoo is home to grizzly bears and endangered Bengal tigers.
The Bismarck Public Schools system operates sixteen elementary schools, three middle schools (Simle, Wachter, Horizon), three public high schools (Century High, Legacy High School, and Bismarck High) and one alternative high school (South Central High School). The system educates 10,400 students and employs 1,500 people.
Three Bismarck Catholic parishes operate primary schools (kindergarten through eighth grade): St. Mary's Grade School, St. Anne's Grade School, and Cathedral Grade School. St. Mary's Grade School, founded in 1878, is the oldest continuously operating elementary school in North Dakota.
The city has two private schools, the Catholic St. Mary's Central High School and Shiloh Christian School, operated by Protestants.
The city also has three higher education options. The University of Mary, Bismarck State College, and United Tribes Technical College for an accumulated enrollment of 7500+.
The Belle Mehus Auditorium, a 1914 historic building in downtown Bismarck, is a center for the arts in the area. Performances of Northern Plains Dance and the Bismarck-Mandan Symphony Orchestra are held there.
Theater companies in Bismarck include the Capitol Shakespeare Society, Sleepy Hollow Summer Theatre, the Shade Tree Players children's theater group, Dakota Stage Ltd, University of Mary, Bismarck State College, and various high school groups. The Gannon and Elsa Forde Art Galleries are at Bismarck State College. The Missouri Valley Chamber Orchestra, founded in 2000, is the community's newest orchestra and performs various musical genres.
Bismarck has a large park system and an extensive network of exercise trails. The Bismarck Parks and Recreation District, established in 1927, operates many parks, swimming pools, and several golf courses within the city. The Parks and Recreation District operates roughly 2,300 acres of public parkland. Sertoma Park stretches more than 3 miles (4.8 km) along the banks of the Missouri River. Within the park are several miles of biking trails and the Dakota Zoo.
Interested in this job? Apply here.