Weekly Attendance: 3,300
Location: Dallas, TX
The Role: Director of Online Ministry
Meet First Baptist Church Dallas:
Located in the heart of downtown, First Baptist Dallas is built on the Bible and continues its mission to transform the world with God’s Word…one life at a time.
As a multi-generational church community, we meet needs through a variety of worship experiences, Sunday School and discipleship options, mission opportunities, fellowship, and outreach events.
The cornerstone of First Baptist Dallas was laid in 1890 by a small group of believers determined to begin a Baptist church in downtown Dallas. Under the leadership of legendary pastors and teachers like George W. Truett and W.A. Criswell, First Baptist Dallas became an anchor in the Christian community, a church known for a firm foundation built on the Bible.
Led by Dr. Robert Jeffress since 2007, we continue that legacy today. Dr. Jeffress ushered in a new season of ministry at the church that reinforces our calling to reach our city, nation, and world for Christ through four primary courses of action:
We currently offer two Choir and Orchestra led services, a Day One band-led service, and an online experience through our First Dallas iCampus.
Members and visitors will find active, thriving Sunday School classes for every age and life stage. Our Discipleship University ministry offers two semesters of classes on Sunday evenings.
It is our goal to equip, empower, and deploy every member of our body to serve in the role and gifting to which the Lord has called them.
We pierce the darkness with the light of God’s Word to the uttermost parts of the world.
First Baptist Dallas was built on the Bible and continues its mission to transform the world with God’s Word . . . one life at a time
About the Director of Online Ministry:
First Baptist Dallas seeks Christ-centered professionals who want to join a team of disciplined and talented superstars committed to working together to accomplish our mission. The Director of Online Ministry will develop strategies to increase the local, national, and international impact of the church’s online ministry, the First Dallas iCampus, with the goal of encouraging and equipping millions of people across the world.
The Director of Online Ministry Will:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for growing the iCampus into the most effective ministry possible for making disciples via online platforms.
- Coordinate the production of substantive, compelling video, audio, and written content intended to engage our iCampus community and help them grow in their faith.
- Develop a world-class discipleship resource library with content from the First Baptist Dallas Pastor, staff, lay leaders, and others.
- Oversee our growing team of iCampus staff and volunteers, helping them carry out the ministry vision.
- Research and implement best practices in online ministry to put the iCampus at a high level of excellence and effectiveness.
- Function in an interactive and cross-functional relationship with other ministries and support areas of the church.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Communications.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Experience of at least three years with video production, content creation, and digital media strategy.
- Experience of at least three years of leading or serving in online environments.
- Pastoral care or other ministry experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, Mac system, and other software utilized in the Communications Office.
- Must have a High School Diploma; a Bachelor’s Level Degree in Communications or equivalent is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Be a TEAM Player.
- Ability to pivot quickly.
- Able to create creative ways to increase viewership and engagement online.
- Understands project management and overseeing projects from inception to completion.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Must be fully committed to the Mission and Core Values of First Baptist Dallas.
- Must be committed to biblical Christian principles and teachings professionally and personally.
- Must possess characteristics that reflect a person of faith and a lifestyle of biblical integrity.
- Fully committed to the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, and overall church ministry.
- Embody the Green Team Characteristics and work according to Operating Principles.
What It's Like to Live in Dallas, Texas:
Offering both big-city excitement and quiet, suburban living, the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area has an interesting mix of Texas pride and cosmopolitan offerings. The cowboy life still exists in Fort Worth, while Dallasites love the trendy local restaurants and numerous retail shops. And no matter which part of the metroplex they call home, sports fans rally together behind their professional sports teams.
The small-town feel of Friday night football games and backyard parties exists in the suburbs of Dallas-Fort Worth. In those areas, residents can bump into their friends at the local Tex-Mex restaurant, children ride their bikes, and joggers hit the pavement for evening runs. But even in DFW proper, many people exude that Texas friendliness with a wave or a "hello" to strangers.
Dallas is ranked the 4th most diverse city in the United States. Rich natural resources, abundant land, a central location within the United States, and a business-friendly environment have long attracted both immigrants and U.S. natives to Texas. As a result, the area has grown faster, with a younger and more diverse population, than the nation. The world has truly come to Dallas!
Those who live in Dallas and Fort Worth tend to be young professionals, while the surrounding suburbs are largely filled with young families who want both a close-knit community and easy access to the cities. People from both demographics are flooding the area, and the population has swelled from about 5.8 million people in 2005 to more than 7 million people today. New developments have drawn in both families looking for their dream home and professionals looking to advance their careers.
For a truly Texan experience, Fort Worth, also aptly known as Cowtown, offers the annual Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo, weekly rodeos at the Stockyards, and live music across different venues all across the city.
Crowds roar for the Dallas Cowboys football team at AT&T Stadium and for the Texas Rangers baseball team at Globe Life Field in Arlington, while the Dallas Mavericks basketball team and the Dallas Stars hockey team both play at American Airlines Center in the heart of downtown Dallas.
Kid-friendly activities include the indoor water park at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, and zoos in both Dallas and Fort Worth.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.