Weekly Attendance: 3,300
Location: Dallas, TX
The Role: Junior High School Minister
Meet First Baptist Church Dallas:
Located in the heart of downtown, First Baptist Dallas is built on the Bible and continues its mission to transform the world with God’s Word…one life at a time.
As a multi-generational church community, we meet needs through a variety of worship experiences, Sunday School and discipleship options, mission opportunities, fellowship, and outreach events.
The cornerstone of First Baptist Dallas was laid in 1890 by a small group of believers determined to begin a Baptist church in downtown Dallas. Under the leadership of legendary pastors and teachers like George W. Truett and W.A. Criswell, First Baptist Dallas became an anchor in the Christian community, a church known for a firm foundation built on the Bible.
Led by Dr. Robert Jeffress since 2007, we continue that legacy today. Dr. Jeffress ushered in a new season of ministry at the church that reinforces our calling to reach our city, nation, and world for Christ through four primary courses of action:
We currently offer two Choir and Orchestra led services, a Day One band-led service, and an online experience through our First Dallas iCampus.
Members and visitors will find active, thriving Sunday School classes for every age and life stage. Our Discipleship University ministry offers two semesters of classes on Sunday evenings.
It is our goal to equip, empower, and deploy every member of our body to serve in the role and gifting to which the Lord has called them.
We pierce the darkness with the light of God’s Word to the uttermost parts of the world.
First Baptist Dallas was built on the Bible and continues its mission to transform the world with God’s Word . . . one life at a time
About the Junior High School Minister:
First Baptist Dallas seeks Christ-centered professionals who want to join a team of disciplined and talented superstars committed to working together to accomplish our mission. The Junior High Minister is responsible for providing leadership in the development, implementation, and administration of a comprehensive ministry program for Junior High Students to develop and reproduce followers of Jesus Christ by God’s Word.
The Junior High School Minister Will:
- Work closely with and under the direct supervision of the Minister to Students to prepare, conduct, and evaluate the Junior High Student Ministry of the church
- Build relationships that lead to discipleship with Students
- Organize, promote and participate in Junior High Student Ministry activities, including fellowships and retreats
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and supervising the duties and responsibilities of Junior High Student Ministries
- Develop, implement and oversee a program of outreach to participants in the Junior High Student Ministry and prospective members of the church
- Provide Pastoral Care and Counseling for Junior High Students and Parents of Junior High Students
- Assist in the preparation and administration of an annual budget that adequately supports the church’s strategic intentions directly related to the Junior High Student Ministry
- Function in an interactive and cross-functional relationship with all other ministries and support areas of the church
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Minister to Students
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a ministry leadership position; preferably related to Student Ministry
- Should have at least a Bachelor’s Level Degree; preferably a Master’s Level Degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to listen effectively and communicate clearly, both orally and in written form
- Must possess exceptional speaking skills and the ability to speak confidently before groups
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Must be fully committed to the Mission and Core Values of First Baptist Dallas
- Fully committed to the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, and overall church ministry
- Must be committed to biblical Christian principles and teachings professionally and personally
- Must possess characteristics that reflect a person of faith and a lifestyle of biblical integrity
- Embody the Green Team Characteristics and work according to Operating Principles
- Must be fun-loving and passionate about student ministry
What It's Like to Live in Dallas, Texas:
Offering both big-city excitement and quiet, suburban living, the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area has an interesting mix of Texas pride and cosmopolitan offerings. The cowboy life still exists in Fort Worth, while Dallasites love the trendy local restaurants and numerous retail shops. And no matter which part of the metroplex they call home, sports fans rally together behind their professional sports teams.
The small-town feel of Friday night football games and backyard parties exists in the suburbs of Dallas-Fort Worth. In those areas, residents can bump into their friends at the local Tex-Mex restaurant, children ride their bikes, and joggers hit the pavement for evening runs. But even in DFW proper, many people exude that Texas friendliness with a wave or a "hello" to strangers.
Dallas is ranked the 4th most diverse city in the United States. Rich natural resources, abundant land, a central location within the United States, and a business-friendly environment have long attracted both immigrants and U.S. natives to Texas. As a result, the area has grown faster, with a younger and more diverse population, than the nation. The world has truly come to Dallas!
Those who live in Dallas and Fort Worth tend to be young professionals, while the surrounding suburbs are largely filled with young families who want both a close-knit community and easy access to the cities. People from both demographics are flooding the area, and the population has swelled from about 5.8 million people in 2005 to more than 7 million people today. New developments have drawn in both families looking for their dream home and professionals looking to advance their careers.
For a truly Texan experience, Fort Worth, also aptly known as Cowtown, offers the annual Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo, weekly rodeos at the Stockyards, and live music across different venues all across the city.
Crowds roar for the Dallas Cowboys football team at AT&T Stadium and for the Texas Rangers baseball team at Globe Life Field in Arlington, while the Dallas Mavericks basketball team and the Dallas Stars hockey team both play at American Airlines Center in the heart of downtown Dallas.
Kid-friendly activities include the indoor water park at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, and zoos in both Dallas and Fort Worth.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.