Denomination: Baptist - SBC
Weekly Attendance: 348
Location: New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The Role: Worship Pastor
FirstNSB is a family church—a family of believers in Jesus and a family of all ages. Our church was founded as First Baptist Church in 1906. For over 100 years, we have been reaching the city of New Smyrna Beach with the good news of Jesus. Our church is growing, and we are excited about bringing a worship pastor onto our team!
Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus.
Our vision is to be a multigenerational disciple-making church that is growing in our love for God and all people, and that is raising up the next generation of disciples to reach our community and the world for Jesus.
The Worship Pastor's Responsibilities Include:
Worship Service Planning and Production
- Plan worship services in conjunction with the lead pastor and the discipleship pastor.
- Utilize Services (Planning Center) for worship service planning and communication.
- Provide oversight to the production of worship services for both onsite gatherings and online live-streaming.
- Oversee the incorporation of additional worship elements, including ministry highlight videos, sermon bumpers, and other elements that helps to enhance the worship service.
- Produce, procure, and maintain worship enhancement materials such as congregational lyrics, music charts, and lead sheets, lyric cues, lighting cues, and accompanying backing tracks.
Worship Team Development
Develop a worship team that leads congregational worship with excellence.
Lead and participate in all aspects of musicianship and band leadership. This includes preparing for rehearsals, scheduling musicians and vocalists, and preparing sheet music.
Audio/Visual Team Development
- Give oversight and direction to the AV ministry leader.
- Implement technical solutions, training, and documentation for lyric display, live streaming, lighting cues, lyric cues, backing tracks, audio mixing, acoustics, and video switching/distribution onsite and online.
Develop and implement a plan to engage with people online during Sunday worship gatherings and throughout the week.
Work alongside the discipleship pastor in developing our online and social media ministries.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Ordained by a Southern Baptist Church is a plus.
Minimum of 2 years previous experience in worship/music role previously.
Experience leading worship with guitar, keys, piano, and band.
Experience with live sound technology such as soundboards, mixing, audio routing, recording, live streaming, and lighting.
Experience using, creating, and implementing backing tracks, loops, and click tracks.
Experience automating lighting cues, lyric cues, and video cues.
Experience using social media to encourage and engage the church throughout the week.
Experience producing and using video elements during worship gatherings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General knowledge of vocal parts and developing vocalists.
General knowledge of reading music, chord charts, and sheet music.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Be a disciple of Jesus Christ—believe in Jesus, live for Jesus, grow in Jesus, and make disciples of Jesus.
- Be a member of FirstNSB.
- Support the purpose, mission, vision, and strategy of FirstNSB.
- Work with the lead pastor, church staff, and membership to advance the mission and vision of FirstNSB.
- Practice the 4Gs—Gather, Group, Give and Go.
Relationship to the Lead Pastor
The worship pastor and lead pastor will be partners in ministry at FirstNSB.
The worship pastor will report to the lead pastor and will be supervised by the lead pastor.
The lead pastor will write an annual review of the worship pastor’s performance based on this job description and other assigned duties.
Recommendations for compensation increases will be made at the discretion of the lead pastor.
What It's Like to Live in New Smyrna Beach, Florida:
Situated on Florida’s Central Atlantic Coast and just a little bit south of Daytona is New Smyrna Beach. It is located in Volusia County, which distinctly holds the title of shark bite capital of the world! However, both the locals and the visitors do not let this keep them out of the water. New Smyrna Beach and its surrounding areas are also a hub for surfing, and the large shoreline has beautiful white sand. The coastal Smyrna Dunes Park offers great views of Ponce Inlet and its national historic landmark, the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse.
The downtown area, known as Canal Street Historic District, is lined with palm trees and contains several shops, restaurants, art galleries, and the New Smyrna Beach Museum of History. It has also been the center of many parades and festivals. New Smyrna Beach is known for its coastal architecture and character, and the area surrounding it is full of art, history, local boutiques, and enough outdoor activities to keep you entertained all year long.
On top of that, New Smyrna Beach is only about an hour’s drive to Orlando, which is the fourth-largest metropolitan area in Florida. It consistently earns a ranking as one of the top tourist destinations in the world, and this is one of the reasons why it has such a strong economy. Orlando is also a global leader when it comes to the 21st-century innovation economy.
Both Orlando and New Smyrna Beach, along with all of the popular tourist towns surrounding them, are full of opportunity. It is a beautiful area with so much to explore, and you will never grow bored with the bustling activity all around.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.