Theology: Southern Baptist Convention
Weekly Attendance: 1,900
Neighborhood: Simpsonville, South Carolina
The role: This Preschool Minister will oversee, recruit and develop volunteers as well as oversee all aspects of Upstate Kids Preschool Ministry while always incorporating the Family Ministry approach. The ministry focus will be for families to know and follow Jesus fully so others are drawn to Him.
Meet First Baptist Church Simpsonville:
First Baptist Simpsonville (FBS) began in 1888, located on the Golden Strip railroad track between Columbia and Greenville, South Carolina. Just as Simpsonville started as a mill community and grew into the fastest growing community in South Carolina in the early 2000’s, First Baptist Simpsonville has transitioned from a country church to a flourishing body that worships in multiple locations with a heart to help people find freedom in Christ, no matter where they are on their spiritual journey.
First Baptist Simpsonville and Upstate Church are one unique church family that worships in multiple locations. They are a group of real people from a variety of backgrounds who all agree that God is the answer to life’s problems. Their hearts break for hurting people, but know that religion alone cannot heal man’s brokenness and pain. Therefore, they hope to help others find complete restoration in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
About the Preschool Minister:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership as a member of the Upstate Kids Ministry team in discipleship, ministry, counseling, and teaching of preschool age children to create an environment for each child, birth through kindergarten, to come to “Know, Grow, and Follow Jesus.”
This role will oversee, recruit and develop volunteers as well as oversee all aspects of Upstate Kids Preschool Ministry while always incorporating the Family Ministry approach. The ministry focus will be for families to know and follow Jesus fully so others are drawn to Him.
The Preschool Minister will:
- Provide vision and planning over all preschool ministry activities, special events, and missional outreach.
- Counsel preschoolers and families in spiritual matters such as profession of faith, and minister to others in times of need and celebration.
- Source, recruit, equip and schedule all preschool directors/teachers/ greeters for Sunday morning and Sunday evening services (when necessary), and Wednesday evening services, as well as church wide events.
- Ensure background checks are performed on all workers in the Preschool Ministry.
- Be present in the preschool classroom locations and be a resource for teachers and parents.
- Assist the Next Gen Pastor in overseeing the long range, strategic plan for the ministry.
- Function well with co-workers, church staff, the congregation, and the public by treating them with honor and grace.
- Provide leadership and support in ministry areas to multi-site campuses (as needed or directed).
What you bring:
A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
Two plus years of experience in related field is required, with need multi-site church experience a plus.
- Meets qualifications of a leader as outlined in Scripture (1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1).
- Has a commitment to abide by FBS’s mission and vision statements and core values.
- Is a forward thinker who leads and equips others through excellent communication, vision, and excitement.
- Is passionate about preschool ministry, loves children, and is fun and energizing.
- Thrives in a collaborative and team environment and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- This person thrives in a collaborative and team environment.
- Has the ability to think ahead and plan over a one to two year time span.
- Has the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, uses sound judgment, and has the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Through a coachable spirit, the right Preschool Minister will be a team player.
- The Preschool Minister will have great leadership equipping skills and leads with vision and excitement.
- Through the Preschool Minister’s passion for children and family ministry, parents will be excited to bring their children to church and are excited to bring them back each week.
What it's like to live in Simpsonville, South Carolina:
Simpsonville is located in upstate South Carolina and is a suburb about 20 minutes from downtown Greenville, South Carolina. It’s a family-oriented community that is growing quickly and attracting people from all over the country and world. The Simpsonville area hosts a plethora of activities for families such as a zoo, state park, water park, two city parks, and a science center. Simpsonville can feel like a quiet pocket near even more opportunities that Greenville offers for sports and events, along with plenty of places to eat!
The Greenville area is known for its Downtown area with holds both history and the amenities of a refurbished and vibrant area. Arts amenities are abundant and accessible; performing arts include a recognized symphony, ballet, and theater performing at the new Peace Center for the Performing Arts just off of Main Street, or Bon Secours Wellness Arena for great concerts and shows.
Outdoor activities for are plentiful, particularly in the Blue Ridge Mountains to the north and lakes to the west. The town of Clemson (25 miles west), home of Clemson University, offers college town amenities for those interested. Discovery Island Water Park, the Swamp Rabbit Trail of 20 miles of trails throughout the county, and many state parks and public green spaces provide ample opportunity to get out and see the beautiful countryside of upstate South Carolina.
Simpsonville / Greenville areas have experienced substantial economic growth and are home to major industry players including BMW, GE, Michelin and Flour. As a growing area employment opportunities are strong.
Ultimately, the upstate of South Carolina is regularly considered a great place to live and raise a family.
Think you would be a great candidate for this position? Become a candidate here.