Denomination: Evangelical Free
Weekly Attendance: 800
Location: Lincoln, NE
The Role: Worship Arts Director
Meet First Evangelical Free Church:
Whatever your experience has been with faith or church, you are welcome at First Free. Don’t let the big, brick, rather formal-looking building fool you; the people inside are right there with you asking questions, overcoming struggles, and learning how to live like followers of Jesus. When you visit, you’ll find welcoming and relaxed spaces to discover God’s incredible love for you, grow deeper in your faith, find healing for your hurts, and develop an authentic community with others. Did we mention we also have a lot of fun together? We hope to meet you very soon!
About the Worship Arts Director:
The position calls for a person who is passionate about & creative in communicating the Gospel of Jesus through artistic & musical means. It calls for a leader who is humble & confident, able to identify & recruit fellow “creatives” with a shared understanding of the Gospel & passion for communicating it through the arts to the local church.
The position serves as the coordinating point to all aspects of worship and creative arts. The individual is not responsible to personally oversee each area, but to work with and develop individuals and teams as necessary to see that each area is adequately overseen.
The position requires the individual to be able to serve not solely as a worship and creative arts director, but also as a shepherd to the many people who serve in this ministry at all age levels. Worship and creative arts need to be developed for all age groups.
Lastly, this position is part of a cohesive team of pastors & leaders at FFC united on a common mission to see First Free Church become a diverse & authentic gospel-centered community of people in process, seeking to know & love God more deeply and display His love to our neighbors practically.
The Worship Arts Director's Responsibilities Include:
- To have an authentic, genuine, & maturing relationship with Jesus – both publicly & privately.
- To have an authentic & passionate love for seeing others have an authentic, genuine, & maturing relationship with Jesus through the local church.
- To personally adhere and encourage a high standard of spiritual commitment and musical and creative arts excellence in participants.
- Seek to develop a robust understanding of “worship as a lifestyle” as opposed to a musical genre.
- Manage creative team staff (including but not limited to technical staff/volunteers, video content creators, interns, and sound staff/volunteers).
- Manage First Free’s technical director and online streaming platforms to ensure that FFC’s online presence is inviting and engaging.
- Responsible for the programming and artistic content of all services, series, and events (including scripture readings, stage design, physical atmosphere, and other creative elements) inside and outside of the auditorium.
- Coordinate & collaborate with other staff pastors (predominantly the Lead Pastor) to execute the Sunday gathering & worship experience.
- Coordinate with staff such as Communications Director, Graphics Designer, and/or Teaching Pastors to execute First Free’s vision & mission as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Design & regularly update the stage design & building common areas to visually communicate the First Free’s culture & provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- Work alongside Communications Director to integrate all graphics and backgrounds on the video screens, video selection, & video creation).
- Act as the point person in collaboration with Worship staff and Lead Pastor for all events such as Easter, Christmas, baptisms, and other special church-wide celebrations.
- To develop a variety of elements within the Sunday corporate gathering that speak to the needs & engagement of each age level group and their ministries.
- To oversee rehearsals for teams (vocalists, band, instrumentalist, and creative artists).
- To maintain an awareness and understanding of Christian music trends and creative arts , selecting music conducive to communicating the Gospel in the context of our culture & time.
- To secure proper copyright clearance for the music, videos and other materials used in the worship service.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of ministry experience
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- Ministry affiliation preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Willing to develop worship leaders and technology team members
- Exceptional delegation and team building skills
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative abilities
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- An encouraging and positive leader
- Musically gifted worship leader who pastors well
- Able to build relationships within the congregation
- Spiritually healthy and mature individual who is willing to learn and adapt
What it's Like to Live in Lincoln, NE:
The city of Lincoln is the capital of Nebraska and is home to fine culinary and artistic treasures, a budding live music scene, and breathtaking parks, golf courses and trails. Lincoln offers residents a dense suburban feel and has an extensive park system, with over 131 individual parks throughout the city. With a very low unemployment rate and the lowest median monthly cost for rent, it's a great place to live and work. Salaries are above the national average, and the price of everyday items is lower than the national average. Through the decades, the city has been a political hub, a foodie haven, and a center for culture in Nebraska. The city’s eclectic mix of college town locales, upscale restaurants, artsy experiences and outdoor adventure makes it a perfect place to call home.
Residents enjoy visiting the Sunken Gardens, The Mueller Planetarium, The Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed, and the Nebraska State Capitol. In 2016, Lincoln was ranked #3 on Lonely Planet's "Best in the U.S.," destinations to see list. If you are looking for a big city charm in a rural setting, Lincoln is the place for you!
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.