Weekly Attendance: 450
Location: League City, Texas
The Role: Worship Pastor
Meet LifePoint Church:
LifePoint is a church located in League City with a passion for helping you know God and grow in your relationships so that you can discover your purpose and impact the world. We believe that the church is not a place but a people. We exist to point others to life in Christ as we know, grow, and show the love of Jesus. As LifePoint continues to grow, we have a strong conviction to be a multiplying church instead of a megachurch. We are working on starting and strengthening churches throughout this region. We also embrace many other ministry opportunities as we sense the Lord leading. We are moving forward fast to impact this region of the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ through prayer, preaching God’s word, community outreach, Christian education, and church multiplication. We believe God will use LifePoint in big ways for His own glory, and we are just getting started.
About the Worship Pastor:
The Worship Pastor provides leadership to the worship services and special events. As a pastor, this person’s role is to encourage, challenge, and help others grow spiritually.
The Worship Pastor's Responsibilities Include:
- Create and lead weekend and special event worship music as the primary worship leader.
- Provide oversight of all technical aspects of audio and video production for the worship services and live streaming.
- Oversee and coordinate details of services, including song selection, video content, and service flow.
- Oversee special events by scheduling, organizing necessary teams, and coordinating with guest speakers and musicians.
- Recruit, schedule, and equip ministry volunteers to serve in the Worship and Tech teams.
- Responsible for training and shepherding worship team members.
- Conduct effective weekly rehearsals for Sunday worship services to ensure those ministry volunteers are adequately prepared.
- Coordinate the purchase of music, supplies, materials, and equipment needed to equip the ministry.
- Ensure the proper function of equipment such as musical instruments, lighting, sound system, computers, relevant software, and monitors. This includes conducting or arranging maintenance, replacement, or procurement when necessary.
- Oversee the LifeGroup ministry and its strategies for growth and discipleship.
- Lead the recruiting and development of new and existing LifeGroup leaders.
- Prepare and administer the budget within the established guidelines and in compliance with church policies and procedures.
- Participate in pastoral care as needed (funerals, weddings, hospital visitation, Biblical counseling).
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Ordained pastor or minister of the gospel is preferred.
- Experience planning and organizing Worship Ministry while staying current with U.S. trends in worship music and various worship styles.
- Bachelor's Degree in related fields and/or seminary degree preferred.
- Pastoral experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams.
- Moderate experience in tech/production that includes, but is not limited to soundboards, instruments, and lighting knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to recruit and train a team of ministry volunteers, including but not limited to musicians, vocalists, visual artists, media/technologists, etc.
- Expert vocalist with an ability to lead other vocals.
- Skilled in a musical instrument is required.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Travel up to 10% of the time
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- The Worship Pastor must meet all the biblical requirements outlined in Timothy and Titus.
- Theologically sound and capable of teaching.
- High levels of creativity and musical excellence
- A willingness to submit to others
- Works well in a team environment
- Believes in church unity
- Adaptable & organized
What it's Like to Live in League City, TX:
League City has been designated as one of the 100 ‘Best Small Cities in America. It is close to Galveston Bay, the Gulf of Mexico, NASA Johnson Space Center, and a short drive from Houston and Galveston Island. The Port area is also the third largest pleasure boat anchorage in the United States. League City is home to some of the best restaurants on the Gulf Coast – serving brisket to shrimp and lobster to steaks. For anglers, there is great fishing in the lakes, bay, and gulf, with some of the best waterside resorts in the country.
Miles and miles of greenery offer golfers a haven of opportunity. Big League Dreams is your place in the sun (or under the lights) if you long for a bat in your hands. Those who prefer shopping to golf can find big-name stores and small specialty shops stocked with just the right items for their shopping spree.
The League City Historic District is a preservation of days gone by. It has beautiful parks, chic shops, and often a lovely bride posing under the spreading oaks at Helen's Garden. The Butler Longhorn Museum in Heritage Park and the one-room schoolhouse museum remind them of their rich heritage.
League City is in the Houston metropolitan area, the fourth-largest city in the United States and the largest city in Texas. Rated as a global city, Houston's economy has a broad industrial base in energy, manufacturing, aeronautics, and transportation. It is also leading in health care sectors and oilfield equipment manufacturers; only New York City is home to more Fortune 500 headquarters. The Port of Houston ranks first in the United States in international waterborne tonnage handled and second in total cargo tonnage handled. The city has a population from various ethnic and religious backgrounds and a large and growing international community. It is home to many cultural institutions and exhibits, attracting more than 7 million visitors annually to the Museum District. Houston has an active visual and performing arts scene in the Theater District and offers year-round resident companies in all major performing arts. Houston is well-rounded in its sports offerings and is home to the Astros (MLB), Texans (NFL), Rockets (NBA), and the Dynamo (MLS).
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.