Weekly Attendance: 1,700
Location: Farmingdale, NY
The Role: Senior Pastor
Meet Living Faith Christian Church:
Welcome to Living Faith Christian Church! We live in an ever-changing world and, as such, it is more important than ever to connect with others and grow in your faith. Whatever your faith background, we are excited to have you be a part of our church community, where each week, there are new stories of life-change because of Christ!
LFCC has a long history of people stepping out in faith to provide a place for individuals and families to experience a dynamic, living community where people can connect with God and others. From a Quaker Meeting House to the present day building, this church has grown to allow space for all to come for worship, teaching and community. Through the years, the buildings may have changed, but there continues to be a deep commitment to use the church campus to provide a place for people to experience a living faith and a welcoming community.
We were established in 1952 as Wantagh Baptist Church. As a result, we hold a Baptist heritage and faith. In 2004, 400 people took an incredible step of faith to sell their property, build a new facility, relocate, and rename the church to reach more people. On March 21, 2010, we opened our new facility on Hempstead Turnpike in Farmingdale. That day the name changed to Living Faith Christian Church. Today, over 1,700 people attend Living Faith each week from all across Long Island with over 500 first time visitors in 2022.
About the Senior Pastor:
The Senior Pastor is the primary person responsible for the vision, direction, teaching, and mission of the church.
The Senior Pastor's Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the nurture, feeding, protection, and spiritual leadership of God's people
- Cast vision and direction for church at large
- Provide pastoral oversight for all church staff
- Work with Elder Board to provide direction, leadership and spiritual influence for LFCC family
- Preach and teach God's Word
- Provide leadership and development for senior pastoral staff
- Oversight of good stewardship and ministry perspective throughout LFCC
- Provide oversight of worship services in collaboration with worship leader
- Ensure that all aspects of ministry and administration honor Christ
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- M. Div. in Theology or Biblical Studies
- Seminary degree required
- 5+ years Senior Pastor experience
- Large church experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant experience with oversight of church staff
- Strong preaching skills and able to teach God's Word accurately with conviction
- Comfortable working in a multi-task environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of strong leadership and people skills
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Believer in Jesus Christ with a personal testimony of salvation and baptism
- Sense of God's call to serve in metropolitan New York area
- Agreement with the theology, vision, and values of Living Faith Christian Church
- Passion to see lives changed by the saving power of Jesus Christ
- Desire for God to receive all the glory in his church
- Personal commitment to the stewardship position of Living Faith Christian Church
What it's Like to Live in Farmingdale, New York:
Farmingdale is an incorporated village on Long Island within the Town of Oyster Bay in Nassau County, New York. Farmingdale is rich in diverse cultures and entertainment and boasts a tasty assortment of fine restaurants that will satisfy any traveler.
Farmingdale is proud of its "Village Green". Located adjacent to historical Village Hall, the Village Green provides a park-like landscape where you can sit back and enjoy the music performances on summer evenings. Five minutes away is the home of the Black Course at Bethpage State Park that was home to many PGA Championships, including the US Open.
Long Island is one of the most noteworthy parts of New York state. It's a quick drive straight to Brooklyn, has fantastic beaches, and also manages to give residents that perfect balance between urban and suburban. It's commuter-friendly and has some of the best healthcare in the state of New York. Long Island offers a unique opportunity to live with sandy beaches, country farms, and one of the top cities in the world all within one hour's drive set amongst an unsaved community, hungry for the saving truth of Christ's love.
Long Island is one of the safest places in New York with some of the best schools in the country making it a top location for many people to live. Whether you want to raise your kids here, thrive in your career, or retire here, you can rest assured that Long Island is a place for everyone.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.