Location: Based in New York City / Remote Position
The Role: The Vice President of Development will oversee establishing and building a core of loyal and generous individual supporters across the nation and around the world.
ENGAGING LEADERS TO POSITIVELY IMPACT THEIR CITIES AROUND THE WORLD
The focus of MOVEMENT.ORG is to catalyze Christian leaders to spiritually and socially impact the urban centers in which they live, work and do ministry. This is accomplished through connecting, unifying, equipping and motivating diverse leaders who share common goals.
About the Vice President of Development:
The Vice President is responsible for establishing and building a core of loyal and generous individual supporters across the nation and around the world. These supporters will fund one of the most important missions strategies in the world today – “accelerating the advance of the gospel by uniting the church in the great cities of the world.” A significant focus is to strengthen funding for our NYC ministry as a primary showcase for best practice so as to stimulate similar efforts in other cities across North America and around the world.
The Vice President of Development Will:
Major Donors and Foundations
Personally develop, maintain, and cultivate relationships with foundations and individuals (present, past, and potential major MOVEMENT.ORG donors) both in the US and strategic global cities.
Leadership, Strategy, and Planning
Lead the development team, creating an environment for maximum effectiveness in fund raising both in the US and globally.
Coach each development team member on a monthly basis.
Bring “best-practices” development thinking to strategic conversations.
Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive and cost-effective annual and quarterly plan to carry out the development strategy.
Work with data management team and manage Raiser’s Edge and other development systems to carry out programs to build relationships and raise funds for MOVEMENT.ORG.
Develop systems to ensure that donors are receiving regular reports that communicate fruitfulness of gifts to MOVEMENT.ORG.
Oversee fundraising campaigns design and timeline.
Identify and recruit regional representatives for strategic US and global cities.
Prepare and analyze strategic plans and reports to track performance of development department and individual income thrusts.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5-10 years of experience building and overseeing a development department.
- Past career pattern demonstrating stability and purpose.
- Strong computer skills (Raiser’s Edge NXT, Expensify, Microsoft, Google Docs)
- Experience in non-profit organizations is highly desirable.
- Experience in a high growth start-up environment and its associated pace is a plus.
- Demonstrated Christian character and values; knowledge of the Bible and the Christian worldview.
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills- including a participative leadership style
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Movement.org.
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to connect with people
- Natural persuasive personality and ability to share the blessing of financially supporting God’s work in cities
- Must be detailed-oriented, flexible, creative, discrete, professional, and resourceful
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.