SnapshotWeekly Attendance: 400
Neighborhood: Yorktown, VA
The role: Next Level Church is seeking a passionate, high energy and experienced Worship Director. The Worship Director will help create and maintain services that are engaging and spiritually bilingual - a service that is relatable to the unchurched while inspiring Christians to passionately follow Jesus.
About Next Level Church:
Located in historic Yorktown, Virginia, Next Level Church is a six-year-old church plant.
The founding pastor, Rob Shepherd, has been on a church staff in various roles since he was 18 years old. One of those churches was the fastest growing church in Virginia, and the other was a multisite mega church. In 2011, Rob started to feel the push from God to start a new church, and after much wrestling with God, seeking a lot of advice, and mustering the courage to leave a very comfortable job at a great church, Rob took the plunge and set out to plant a church. Hence, Next Level Church was born on April 8, 2012. A team of 60 people helped start the church. Within a few weeks that number reached an average attendance of 133. Since its humble beginnings, Next Level has grown to an average of 400 in weekend services.
Next Level Church is committed to making a difference in the world and everything they do points back to helping people love Jesus. Everything they do is directed to honoring Him.
About the Worship Director:
- Function as a specialist in the music and production/technical areas of Next Level, supporting all areas of ministry
- Oversee all worship and musical elements for the church
- Oversee all production/technical elements for the churchPlan, design, and produce engaging, spiritually bilingual weekly adult worship servicesIdentify, recruit, train, equip, mentor, and empower worship and production volunteers
- Participate in all programming/creative meetings
- Ensure that volunteers have what they need to be successful
- Oversee the scheduling of all worship and production volunteers for weekend services
- Lead rehearsals, run-throughs, and VIP meetings
- Oversee the use of worship and production software tools (Planning Center, Pro Church Video, etc)
- Audition new team members
- Develop and oversee systems that help Next Level accomplish its goals
- Ensure that the band and media team execute their roles with excellence
- Lead the use and proactive upkeep of worship facilities and equipment
- Drive the brainstorming and execution of engaging ideas
- Pastor, coach, and care for all volunteers
- Provide support as needed in the production of all special events and other church activities
- Provide strong communication with Lead and Executive Pastor
- Lead in other environments and perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Worship Director:
A Bachelor's degree is preferred for this position.
Next Level Church highly prefers for the candidate to have experience in a medium to large church and have 3+ years experience in both music and technical areas.
Walk with Jesus and represent Him well
Be loyal to the vision and staff of Next Level Church and always protect the unity of the church
Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus
Live out Next Level Church and Staff core values
Hungry to learn and grow personally and professionally
Ability to recruit and develop others
Leader of leaders (As opposed to a manager)
Confident and comfortable under pressure/stressful situations
Strategic thinker (Creates systems and processes that lead to growth, knows the why behind their results)
Demonstrates excellence in what they do
Sees the potential in something rather than being satisfied with the way things are
Spiritually Bi-lingual (Desire to reach the lost and disciple Christians)
What it's like to live in Yorktown, Virginia:
Yorktown is steeped in 400 years of American history, with hundreds of historical sites and attractions in the area that draw visitors from around the world each year. Yorktown is part of the Historic Triangle (along with Williamsburg and Jamestown), and is rich in Revolutionary and Civil War history. Yorktown is also the eastern terminus of the TransAmerica Trail, a bicycle-touring route created by the Adventure Cycling Association.
Historic Yorktown is comprised first of Water Street, a small strip along the beach on the river; it contains several small restaurants, a park, a hotel, a pier, an antique shop. In May 2005, a building was constructed with more shops and restaurants, enhancing what is known as the "Riverwalk" section on the waterfront.
With its proximity to beautiful beaches, rivers, the Blue Ridge Mountains, outstanding schools, and a high quality of life, Hampton Roads is undoubtedly a great place to live and raise a family.
Think you're a good fit for this position? Become a candidate here.