Weekly Attendance: 2,750
Neighborhood: Atlanta, GA
The role: The Associate Pastor / Minister of Spiritual Formation will initiate and implement programs and identify and train leaders to execute upon the Belong to Community strategy of the church.
Meet Peachtree Presbyterian Church:
Peachtree Presbyterian Church is one of the largest and most respected Presbyterian (USA) churches in the United States. Founded as a Sunday school for children in 1910, it has become a thriving multifaceted full-service church, dedicated to serving the community of which it is a part. It is a regional church, drawing from areas far beyond its neighborhood and reaching across Metro Atlanta.
Peachtree is a multi-generational community experiencing growth through its ministry to young families. Baptizing 140-150 babies a year, home to the South’s largest preschool, and valuing children and student ministries, Peachtree’s average age is 37. Sixty-six full-time staff and sixty-five part-time staff (not including preschool and gym staff) make up the team, which, alongside leaders in the congregation, guide Peachtree’s ministry. Together, they dream “God-sized dreams” and live that “ministry flows out of fellowship.”
About the Associate Pastor / Minister of Spiritual Formation:
The Associate Pastor of Spiritual Formations (or Discipleship) has overall responsibility for initiating and implementing programs and for identifying and training leaders to execute upon the Belong to Community strategy of the church. In this role, he/she will also perform associate pastoral ministry duties as required and will serve as a member of the staff Leadership Team.
The Associate Pastor / Minister of Spiritual Formation will:
- Assess and prioritize the new potential mid-size communities that could be initiated and develop timelines for implementation
- Identify and train potential leaders for new mid-sized communities
- Serve as an expert source for strengthening the teaching/facilitation capabilities of the mid-sized community leadership making use of current technology and delivery mechanisms
- Implement eight new mid-sized communities within the first year.
- Get to know the current mid-sized communities, their environment and their constituencies.
- Provide support, encouragement and training.
What you bring:
- A Masters of Divinity from an accredited seminary
- Ordination (or the willingness to be ordained) in the PC(USA) and a theological and cultural chemistry with Peachtree Presbyterian Church
- Five years of experience in a large church setting
- Experience equipping leaders, discipling believers, establishing small and mid-sized groups and developing spiritual formation strategies and programs designed to grow fully-devoted followers of Christ.
- Energetic leadership and people skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, equip and encourage families and teams.
- A passion to be invested and engaged in the community.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter, entrepreneur, and goal-oriented worker, with a strong work ethic.
- A heart for discipleship.
- Excellent relational skills (diplomatic, caring, active listener, and commitment to confidentiality). A highly relational “connector” and discipler.
- A gifted biblical communicator and teacher.
What it's like to live in the Buckhead-Atlanta region:
Sometimes called the “Beverly Hills of the South,” Buckhead, the region of Atlanta Peachtree Presbyterian Church calls home, is consistently rated one of the USA's 10 "Top Affluent Communities.” It features some of the most beautiful mansions, best shopping and finest restaurants in the southeastern United States. Buckhead is not only a major commercial and financial center of the Southwest, but also boasts excellent schools and tremendous quality of life.
Peachtree’s history began with a missional vision for the community, to offer a place for children to learn about Jesus - which eventually grew into the church. Today, Peachtree has vital partnerships with local community ministries, homeless shelters, area churches, as well as with the Atlanta Police and Fire Departments, and with the mayor’s office and other local government entities. Peachtree is a multi-generational community experiencing growth through its ministry to young families. With membership of over 6,600, it is a high-profile church in the Atlanta-Buckhead area and enjoys a national reputation within the PCUSA denomination and beyond.
Think you're a great fit for this position? Become a candidate here.