Denomination: Presbyterian - PCUSA
Weekly Attendance: 220
Location: Jackson, Wyoming
The Role: Children's Ministry Director
Meet Presbyterian Church Jackson Hole:
Presbyterian Church Jackson hole is a vibrant, incredibly friendly, intergenerational congregation that has a diverse and lively congregation. On campus, church members are welcoming and eager to make personal connections with the community of Jackson, WY. Because of the small-town feel among church members, it is no surprise that people travel from all over Wyoming, let alone the nation, to visit Presbyterian Church Jackson Hole. You will find families and adults of all ages engaged in the sermons because of their fervent desire to learn more about Jesus Christ. Presbyterian Church Jackson Hole is a missional and outreach-focused campus that strives to be a blessing to the community and beyond
About the Children's Ministry Director:
Our vision is to see lives being transformed in Jesus Christ. Our mission is to be a community, rooted in Christ, reaching out in love. The Children's Ministry Director will work to fulfill this vision and mission through the PCJH Children’s Ministry.
The Children's Ministry Director will lead, initiate, plan, manage, and supervise all PCJH
Children’s Ministries, with exemption to the Little Lambs Preschool and Summer Camp- although collaboration will take place. He or she will prayerfully disciple and lead the children, parents, and volunteers by equipping them to grow deeper in
their relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Children's Ministry Director's Responsibilities Include:
General Children's Ministries
- In partnership with the Children’s Ministry elder and team, develop age-appropriate teaching and programming for Sunday school.
- Oversee the implementation of a Christian curriculum for programming.
- Create and oversee all "Milestone Ministries" for children/students at PCJH.
- Develop additional programming/opportunities that connect with families and the Teton/Jackson Hole community. (ex. Parents' Night Out, Christmas Pageant, Trunk or Treat, Movie Nights, family fellowship, mission involvement, etc.)
- Oversee, recruit, train, and supervise all volunteers in Children’s Ministries.
- Schedule, plan, and lead meetings with leaders for ministry, including working alongside the PCJH Children’s Ministry Elder overseeing the CM Team.
- Intentionally engage and encourage the children, equipping them to take the next step in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Create ministry annual budget needs for the submittal and inclusion into the overall church budget.
- Manage financial needs and expenses to ensure compliance with the ministry’s annual budget.
- Assist with daily program operations as needed.
After School Adventures
- Plan, develop, implement, and oversee the after-school programs for children in the Jackson area.
- In coordination with personnel policies, hire, train, and supervise all paid and volunteer staff.
- Ensure implementation of Safe Church policies.
- Manage all related phone calls, mail, email, office traffic, files for ASA
- Create and manage the budget for ASA programs and ensure proper financial management.
- Continue to create and maintain the comprehensive Resource Manual for ASA.
- Gather & maintain necessary paperwork for children and staff for all ASA and the church required documentation.
- Ensure background checks, driver’s licenses, insurance, and continuing education for volunteers and staff.
- Follow all PCJH transportation guidelines and policies for transporting children.
Overall Church Programs
- Coordinate with other ministries to integrate the vision and mission of PCJH.
- Lead and motivate ministry communication with children, parents, volunteers, and leaders to ensure high quality communication and processes.
- Actively engage and participate in the church life as a leader and as a program staff member, e.g., attend worship, participate in all church activities, etc.
- Actively engage and participate with the other staff as a partner in ministry.
- Oversee and supervise all resources and supplies for all children's ministry programs including Sunday School, summer programs, after-school program, and special events.
- Ensure all staff follow the guidelines in PCJH’s Safe Church Policy.
- Lead other duties as assigned or as arise.
Training and Resources
- Attend workshops or conferences related to Christian Children’s Ministries, improving the effectiveness and depth of the ministry.
- Develop networking relationships with Children's Ministries in other churches similar to PCJH.
- Capitalize on continuing education opportunities.
- Be an active participant in the Systems of Education of Jackson Hole.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree required
- Education or ministry background preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work well with others and be a team partner.
- Diplomatic, productive, and positive people skills.
- Effective communication skills and writing skills.
- Ability to motivate and empower people (staff and volunteers).
- Sensitivity for meeting the needs of the congregation.
- Able to always maintain confidential information and discretion.
- Ability to work in and manage electronic media and communications.
- Ability to fully support the Vision and Mission of PCJH.
- Strong teaching, planning, and training skills and has the necessary skills/professional abilities to fulfill this job.
- Demonstrates flexibility, organization, and the ability to multi-task and manage administrative details including budgets, registration, billing, and hiring and training of staff.
- Meet minimum state requirements for all programs included in our accreditation and/or license.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- A love for God through Jesus Christ with a constant commitment to growing spiritually.
- Gifts of teaching, leadership, encouragement, shepherding, and wisdom.
- A sense of fun and adventure that lends itself to working with children.
- Model Christ-like servant leadership.
- Commitment to identifying, encouraging, and developing volunteers in ministry.
What it's Like to Live in Jackson, Wyoming:
Jackson is a town in Wyoming’s Jackson Hole Valley famous for its abundance of skiing, fishing, rafting, ranches, and fine dining experiences. There's something for everyone in Jackson and that's what makes it such a well-loved vacation spot. Jackson Hole Valley is a fascinating wilderness that is arguably the state’s premier tourist area, where there is no shortage of recreational opportunities, from skiing in the winter to hiking and scenic tours in the summer.
Jackson is home to 3 ski areas: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Snow King Mountain Resort and Grand Targhee Resort. The Town Square features arches made of shed antlers from the nearby National Elk Refuge. The National Museum of Wildlife Art has works by Andy Warhol and Georgia O’Keeffe. North are the peaks of Grand Teton National Park, as well as vast Yellowstone National Park. Jackson has a population of 10,585 and is one of the best places to live in Wyoming. Living in Jackson offers residents a dense suburban feel with a lot of lush landscapes, restaurants, and coffee shops. The town itself is immersed in a beautiful natural valley full of things to do.
There is subsidized employee housing available and the church will help with moving.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.