Weekly Attendance: 4,500
Denomination: Baptist - SBC
Location: Knoxville, TN
About the Organization:
Sevier Heights Baptist Church (SHBC) wants those far from God to take a step closer. SHBC wants those close to God to love Knoxville well, creating opportunities to reflect Jesus so the city can better see Him and respond.
The church was pioneered in 1936 in the heart of Knoxville, Tennessee and grew shortly after Dr. Hollie Miller joined the staff as Senior Pastor in 1987. Once the new building was established in 1999, the attendance rapidly increased to 2,300 weekly. A new campus, the North Campus, was launched in January of 2014 in response to a thriving college ministry, “The Walk,” as well as young families in the community with Tim Miller serving as the Campus Pastor. Today, the church collectively runs at 4,500 weekly between the two campuses.
About the Position:
The Graphic Designer is responsible for producing excellent designs that effectively communicate the vision and purpose of the church and each of its individual ministries. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of design, great people skills, and excellent organizational skills to help manage multiple projects.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
An undergraduate degree is preferred for this role, but not required.
- Two to four years of real-world experience and a solid understanding of technological and graphic tools and resources.
- Background in developing concepts from scratch or making good concepts better.
- A strong sense of design composition, typography, print processes, color formats, etc.
- Someone who can collaborate with multiple people and personalities.
- Someone who is faithful to the church and staff.
- Someone who is a team player that works well with others.
- Someone who can be a good listener.
- Someone who is a strong creative and conceptual thinker who can make design decisions based on project goals/objectives.
- Someone who thrives in environments where team input and ideas are welcomed and challenged.
- Someone with a proven track record of meeting deadlines and project objectivity.
- Someone who can find, design or arrange elements to isolate emotion and evoke a response.
About the Location:
The roots of Knoxville, Tennessee run deep and strong. The city has served as the hub of the region since its founding in 1791. The best of its Appalachian heritage remains today – a strong work ethic, a family-centered community, and an intense respect for the natural beauty that envelops the region. Knoxville has a true southern charm, yet, a distinctive diversity that makes it a great place to raise a family.
While Knoxville is well grounded, it is also strongly positioned for the future and the technology-based world of business. One of the country's five national labs sits in Knoxville's backyard in Oak Ridge. The main campus of the University of Tennessee is home to nationally acclaimed schools of engineering, business and law. Seventeen additional colleges and training programs in the region produce a ready supply of trained workers. Such organizations feed the strong, entrepreneurial spirit found in Knoxville.
Just as advanced technology resources connect Knoxville to the future, its location connects it to the roadways of the nation. Three of the nation's major interstates, I-40, I-75, I-81, intersect in Knoxville. The region’s employer base is diverse and robust. There are large government employers including the Lab and UT, as well as many creative and innovative companies.
The area is equipped with various neighborhoods and communities that will fit any type of living. From small towns to downtown urban living, the Knoxville area has it. Lakeside and mountainous regions are also found among its bordering areas.
Knoxville is the state’s third largest city with a population of almost 200,000. It is also one of the fastest growing regions for diverse age groups. Due to the low cost of living and abundance of recreational activities from golfing and hiking to shopping and University of Tennessee Football, Knoxville does not cease to attract both workers and retirees.
Interested in this job? Become a candidate here.