Denomination: Evangelical Lutheran - LCMC
Weekly Attendance: 350
Location: Genoa City, WI
The Role: Lead Pastor
Meet Trinity Church:
Trinity Church is a healthy, community-minded, disciple-making congregation which has honored the past but focuses on God’s calling to future generations. Trinity serves a diverse working class and multi-generational neighborhood through a strong AWANA & Youth program, dynamic biblically based small groups, engaging worship experiences as well as a professional community counseling ministry. We minister to over 700 people with an average in-person worship attendance of 350 as well as online worshipers. During the past 30 years, the congregation has raised up over 10 pastors, supported 7 missionaries, developed 15 youth leaders, and made hundreds of disciples. Though Trinity is part of the LCMC denomination (Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ), most of the members come from different Christian backgrounds and many are new believers. Trinity’s motto is “Come as you are.”
About the Lead Pastor:
Trinity Church is seeking a mission-oriented Lead Pastor who is able to engage with the congregation as an approachable leader. The ideal candidate will be humble, relational, and rooted in scripture.
The Lead Pastor's Responsibilities Include:
- Prayer: Pray diligently for and with the church community and staff. Identify members who need prayer as well as those who will engage in regular prayer for the body.
- Vision: Collaborate with Trinity leaders and members to create our vision and goals. Ensure that communication and planning flow from this vision.
- Discipleship: Help Trinity develop and maintain a focus on discipleship.
- Leadership: Mentor and support the staff and ministry teams. Guide staff in goal setting, leadership development and spiritual direction. Establishing elected members of Trinity’s Council and working alongside them to ensure the proper management of funds and allocation of resources.
- Preaching: Make scripture applicable to daily life by equipping the body for ministry through Biblical preaching and administering the sacraments.
- Corporate Worship: Work alongside the worship team to assist in planning meaningful personal and public worship that brings people into the presence of God.
- Shepherding: Exemplify compassion and love to all people and give pastoral counsel, as needed.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Seminary Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly relational interpersonal skills, demonstrating authenticity, energy, enthusiasm, and passion for ministry and people.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to develop and articulate a mission/vision, build support, and engage the church community and surrounding community in fulfilling its purpose.
- Effective and efficient communicator.
- Ability to develop and motivate people for leadership and the church community for hands-on ministry.
- Ability to partner and collaborate with staff and church leadership and to develop goals and execute plans to achieve them.
- Help develop small groups as a key strategy for church growth and discipleship.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Biblically sound individual with a passion for discipleship
- Evidence of a committed, mature, and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ
- An excellent communicator of God’s Word
- Have the heart of a Shepherd for the congregation and the community
- Energized by being around people
What It's Like to Live in Genoa City, WI:
Genoa City, WI is located on the Illinois-Wisconsin border and boasts a diverse working class and multi-generational neighborhoods, including a “National Blue Ribbon Elementary School.” Genoa City is known for beautiful lakes and is within one hour of Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison, all of which provide cultural and sporting events, shopping and 4-star dining. Lake Geneva, a resort city on Geneva Lake, is only a 10-minute drive from Genoa City. The Genoa City Farmer’s Market is a great place to socialize with residents and purchase fresh produce. If you love the outdoors and the comforts of a small town, Genoa City is the place for you!
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.