Team Size: 30+
Location: This role is remote and can be based in any large city on the West Coast.
The Role: Sales Account Manager - West Coast
Vanderbloemen serves churches, schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses through innovative staffing, compensation, succession, and consulting solutions.
Founded in 2010 by William and Adrienne Vanderbloemen, the company was started out of a deep passion for local churches that would have pastoral vacancies for years, thus minimizing their effectiveness in their communities. After pastoring for 15 years and then working as a corporate Executive Search Consultant, William believed there was a better way to help churches move through this transition.
Fast forward to 2022 and Vanderbloemen now has over 30 employees working for the firm. We have successfully completed more than 1,000 searches in 48 of the 50 states in the U.S and eight countries around the world.
Searches involving Senior Pastor succession are an area of particular expertise. In addition to search work, the firm also provides services in staff consulting, succession planning, diversity consulting, and compensation analysis.
To serve the Body of Christ by building a company that helps growing churches and ministries across the globe find great staff, and to become the premier resource for team and talent solutions in the Kingdom.
- Broadband Love
- Unusual Servanthood
- Wow-Making Excellence
- Ridiculous Responsiveness
- Solution Side Living
- Ever-Increasing Agility
- Stewardship of Life
- Constant Improvement
- Contagious Fun
About the Sales Account Manager:
The West Coast Sales Account Manager is part of the Client Relations Team and reports directly to the COO. The Account Manager functions within the Client Relations group to maximize the firm's continued rapid growth. This involves engaging potential new clients and guiding them through what a customized partnership with Vanderbloemen may look like for their organization. The Sales Account Manager collaborates regularly with the entire Client Relations team to daily provide wow-making excellence in every interaction.
- Find and nurture Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) and Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs).
- Proactively engage with potential and previous clients.
- Promote Vanderbloemen by hosting and attending regional events.
- Build relationships and network with local pastors, non-profit executives, and leaders in the Kingdom community.
- Stay up to date with active position openings in your area.
- Manage a robust pipeline of new leads.
- Negotiate contracts with potential clients.
- Close sales opportunities. Provide support for clients by learning about and satisfying their hiring needs.
- Follow up with potential clients throughout the sales cycle to ensure needs are being met and questions are answered.
- Proactively solicit and attract relationships for future partnership with Vanderbloemen.
What You Bring:
Skills, Experience, and Education
- Love of people. This is a client-facing position where you will be interacting with all levels of people within the church, non-profit, and higher education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience selling high-end products or services.
- Experience managing your own portfolio of clients.
- Background working in or volunteering in ministry or a parachurch environment.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Ability to multi-task and manage many different accounts at the same time.
- Excellent analytic skills.
- Must have a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Passionate about the Big “C” Church and its mission, including those churches that might differ from personal theology.
- Joyful in serving all churches, all denominations, all styles of worship, and theology.
- A self-starter – someone who is strongly motivated and shows initiative.
- Exhibits a spirit of flexibility and is very willing to accept and lead through change.
- Exudes a strong relational personality to potential clients.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of moral principles.
- A strong work ethic and high energy.
- Ability to travel as necessary (up to 30%).
- Training and development will be in Houston, TX.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.