Denomination: Christian and Missionary Alliance
Weekly Attendance: 550
Location: York, PA
The Role: Executive Pastor of Ministries
Meet York Alliance Church:
York Alliance Church began as a bible study in 1927 and was accredited as a church through the Christian and Missionary Alliance in 1932. YAC has continued to grow and thrive under the leadership of Lead Pastor Brian Kannel and a committed team of staff and lay leaders and is actively planning to plant like-minded churches throughout the region in the coming years.
About the Executive Pastor of Ministries:
The Executive Pastor of Ministries is responsible for overseeing all operations in support of the church vision and mission, and leading and coordinating discipleship pathways through Groups, Student Ministries, Children’s Ministry and other various areas of ministry at York Alliance.
The Executive Pastor of Ministries' Responsibilities Include:
- Provide ministry direction and oversight of all disciple-making aspects of the church, including but not limited to Adult Discipleship, Children’s Discipleship, Student Discipleship, and College and Young Adult Discipleship.
- Oversee and provide leadership for the Connection ministries at York Alliance, helping people move from welcomed to engaged to involved and committed.
- Provide vision, training and leadership for Community Groups and Community Group leaders.
- Provide support for the newcomer assimilation process with the staff.
- Develop and continuously adapt an overarching spiritual formation plan for York Alliance, working to align this process across all areas of ministry.
- Coach and develop the Director of Student Ministries, providing direction and vision for the discipleship process for students.
- Coach and develop the Director of Children’s Ministry, providing direction and vision for the discipleship process for children.
- Oversee the development and execution of Crossroads classes, including the recruiting/equipping of teachers, facilitation of classes, and resourcing of students and teachers.
- Function as a member of the YAC staff participating with the team in overseeing all aspects of ministry.
- Submit to the authority of the C&MA denominational leadership.
- Establish a Sabbath day and be held accountable to it.
- Maintain a healthy balance between family life, ministry, and other responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university strongly preferred (or comparable marketplace/ministry experience and training).
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience as a staff member in a leadership capacity.
- Experience in the marketplace would be a bonus, provided there has also been significant leadership experience (as a lay person or staff) in a local church or ministry.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Willing and able to be licensed through the C&MA and becoming ordained within an established timeframe.
- Strong leader with a solid work ethic and the ability to administer as a department head.
- Demonstrate a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1 Tim 3, Titus 1 and 1 Peter 5.
- Committed to a holistic pursuit of spiritual formation.
- Dependable and capable of following through on commitments.
- Possess strong organizational, administrative and communication skills.
What it's Like to Live in York, PA:
York is a city in southern Pennsylvania. A simple walk-through downtown York is an incredible journey. In a few blocks, you’ll encounter centuries of American history and learn the stories of immigrant pioneers, Revolutionary War soldiers, 19th-century farmers, and modern-day craftspeople. Get to know the fascinating lives of military heroes, business tycoons and factory workers, all in a day. York is often called an 'architectural museum' thanks to all its beautiful old buildings. Considered to be the very first capital of the United States, it has plenty of interesting historic sites and important cultural landmarks to visit.
Beyond the city limits, York is a beautiful blend of interesting neighborhoods, rural landscapes, convenient shopping, and historic small towns. Located just an hour from Baltimore, 90 minutes from both Washington D.C. and Philadelphia, and only three hours from midtown Manhattan, York is close to just about everything the Northeast has to offer. Just across the Susquehanna River is Lancaster County’s famous Amish country, and picturesque scenery is the norm throughout the region. Home to excellent hiking, fishing, kayaking, and hunting, York has something for just about everyone. York certainly is a very pleasant city to call home. In fact, York was named among HGTV’s 30 most charming small towns in America in which to live.
Think you're a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.