About the Organization:
Bay Area Church exists to glorify God by making disciples, equipping families, and serving the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. This 129-year old fellowship has a legacy of impact serving the surrounding community. For nearly seven years, the church has embraced the values of gospel transformation, relentless love, hands-on service, kingdom partnerships, and Spirit and truth empowerment under the capable leadership of Lead Pastor Brian Haynes.
Bay Area Church has a vision to expand its reach of making disciples, equipping families, and serving the world through the gospel by building on the excellent reputation it has gained in the surrounding community. As Bay Area moves into the future, it is committed to increasing spiritual growth in all aspects of the church, partnering with a vision-oriented Pastor of Spiritual Formation.
- Average Weekly Attendance: 1,047
- Location: League City, TX
- Denomination & Affiliations: Southern Baptist of Texas Convention, Houston Church Planting Network
About the Position:
The Pastor of Spiritual Formation serves to oversee the discipleship strategy, process, and personnel at Bay Area Church. This individual will accomplish this through direct oversight of two ministry areas: (1) the Generational Team, and (2) adult discipleship. Faithful leadership of these areas is required in order to fulfill the mission of glorifying God by making disciples, equipping families, and serving the world with the Gospel.
Success in this role will be determined by:
- Expansion of LifeGroups, to include the multiplication of off-campus and on-campus groups.
- Retention of people within the church body through connection in biblical community.
- Evidence of cross-generational connection in groups.
- Increased practice of spiritual disciplines in the life of the church.
- Increased effectiveness through connecting church and home, developing parents to be the primary disciple-makers of their children.
What We Are Searching For:
The Pastor of Spiritual Formation will possess the capacity to offer directional leadership in the areas of shepherding, discipleship, and leadership development. In order to effectively execute these areas of responsibility, they will show evidence of a high degree of relational intelligence, collaborative work in teams, as well as giftedness in teaching and communication in their work history. This individual will operate with integrity, authenticity, and loyalty, so as to encourage and enrich the spiritual growth endeavors of the church, faithfully trusting Christ to use him effectively.
- An undergraduate degree is required; strong preference will be given to candidates who possess a seminary degree.
- Ability to perceive from a 30,000 ft. view while implementing operational aspects of the ministry.
- Capability to develop a sustainable leadership pipeline.
- A strong ability to own complexity, think simply, and apply practically.
- Comfortable interacting, associating, and relating with cross-culturally, generationally, and socio-economically diverse individuals.
- Familiarity with Legacy Milestones and passionate about equipping parents to disciple their children.
- Multisite experience is desired.
About the Location:
League City is a city in the Houston metropolitan area of Texas. The city partially belongs to the counties of Galveston and Harris, with a population of 83,560 (U.S. Census, 2010). The city is equipped with great, top-rated schools, offering a quaint yet fun-filled surrounding for all ages and stages of life.
League City has been designated as one of the 100 ‘Best Small Cities’ in America. It is close to Galveston Bay, the Gulf of Mexico, NASA Johnson Space Center, and is a short drive from downtown Houston and Galveston Island. League City is home to some of the best restaurants on the Gulf Coast – serving everything from brisket to shrimp and lobster to steaks. For anglers, there is great fishing in the lakes, bay and gulf, with some of the best waterside resorts in the country. Just a stones-throw away, residents can enjoy Clear Lake and the Kemah Boardwalk—offering many top-rated restaurants, shopping, and an amusement park.
Miles and miles of greenery offer golfers a haven of opportunity. If you long for a bat in your hands, Big League Dreams is your place in the sun (or under the lights). Those who enjoy shopping can find big name stores and small specialty shops stocked with just the right items for their shopping preferences.
Interested in this position? Apply here.