Theology: Open Bible
Weekly attendance: 75
Neighborhood: Lodi, California
The role: The purpose of the Senior Pastor position is to provide overall direction to Bethel Church, through its Board, staff, and parishioners, in and through establishing Bethel’s vision and mission, through leading this Board, staff, and congregation, through Biblical teaching, mentoring, and modeling God’s purpose for Christ followers.
Meet Bethel Church:
Bethel Church in Lodi, California, has a great heritage and is considered a special place by all who worship there. Bethel is a vital part of the community and participates in outreach opportunities and supports several parachurch ministries in Lodi and Stockton.
Bethel is a multi-generational church that feels like family and home - they are a tight knit community who is looking to the future with excitement and anticipation for what God is doing and will do through them in this season.
Bethel is a Bible believing church, committed to helping each person on this journey to develop into a disciple of Jesus who, in turn, develops other disciples. They hope to accomplish this by meeting people where they are and helping take people where God wants them to be.
About the Senior Pastor:
The purpose of the Senior Pastor position is to provide overall direction to Bethel Church, through its Board, staff, and parishioners, in and through establishing Bethel’s vision and mission, through leading this Board, staff, and congregation, through Biblical teaching, mentoring, and modeling God’s purpose for Christ followers.
The Senior Pastor will:
- Provide Biblical leadership
- Provide Biblical teaching/training
- Establish and manage vision, mission, purpose, values and goals for the church, preschool, and retirement apartments
- Coordinate the Sunday morning worship experience
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies is required and expected for this position. Significant, relevant experience could offset this education requirement.
Four years of relevant, proven ministry experience, working with multiple staffs and budgets is required for this position. This experience requirement may be satisfied by a candidate with further theological training or specialized education.
The ideal candidate will have leadership experience as a senior or high level staff pastor in a multi staff environment.
- Have the ability to understand the Bible and communicate it in a Biblical but culturally relevant manner
- Have the ability to meet people where they are and lead them where they know God wants them to be
- Have the ability to work with people in the business community
- Have the ability to understand accounting basics
- Have the ability to read and understand financial reports
- Exhibit proven leadership and teambuilding skills
- Have the ability to identify and communicate vision, purpose, and strategy
- Show an understanding of the current culture of Bethel Church and a willingness and ability to meet the culture of the church where they are
- Is an out of the box thinker - someone who is thoughtful, creative, and lives on the “solution-side” of life
- Have an outgoing personality and a friendly, warm demeanor towards staff and members, and a person of positive and high character
- Possess an authenticity and “realness”
- Someone who is a team player and self starter - a good listener with clear vision, high emotional intelligence, and leads by example. An encourager, mentor, and lover of people
- Exhibit a commitment to outreach and missions while pastoring those in the congregation
- Demonstrate strong personal character: honest, humble, acting always with integrity, and a good steward of time, resources, and self
What it's like to live in Lodi, California:
Lodi is a city located in San Joaquin County, California, in the northern portion of California's Central Valley. Lodi has many museums, theaters, and festivals. Lodi treats its residents well with plenty of entertainment, food, and activities. Lodi also has an excellent school system. The Lodi Unified School District contains 36 elementary schools, eight middle schools, and seven high schools. Each school trains students to excel academically for the future.
Lodi is close to both San Francisco and Sacramento. San Francisco is a popular international tourist destination, and the industry itself has become the backbone of the San Francisco economy. Sacramento is the star on the map of California, identifying with trend and class. It is where one will find attractions that inspire, cutting-edge cuisine that impresses, history that enriches, and cultural attributes that simply make the city strikingly appealing.
Think you'd be a great fit for this position? Become a candidate here.