About the Organization:
Bible Baptist Church is a church with a longstanding legacy of impact that spans more than 55 years. It is located in Shiremanstown, Pennsylvania, a charming borough outside of Harrisburg. The church has a longtime reputation of biblical commitment, community influence, as well as local and worldwide outreach.
Through its history, the church has been known as a place where the Word of God is faithfully preached. It also has been known for its large facility, vibrant music program, and impactful children’s and youth ministries.
The church has experienced over a half-century of faithfulness, which continues to manifest itself in many ways today. As Bible Baptist Church looks to its future, it desires to be filled with sustained faithfulness and abounding fruitfulness in its upcoming seasons of growth and impact.
- Weekly Attendance: 340
- Location: Shiremanstown, Pennsylvania
- Denomination & Affiliations: Non-Denominational
The Lead Pastor position will be best fulfilled by a visionary servant-leader, who is gifted in nurturing healthy relationships and can effectively communicate the vision God has placed in the heart of Bible Baptist Church with others. This role will primarily be responsible for preaching, vision casting, and leadership, while gaining relational equity among the body of believers of the church. Furthermore, the position of Lead Pastor shall preserve and uphold the BBC’s dominant values of biblical centrality, family focus, and worship.
What We Are Searching For/Qualifications:
Bachelor’s or master’s in Bible/Theological field required.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of ministry experience, be a model of presence-based leadership for the entire congregation, and will demonstrate the leadership ability to strategically and collaboratively discern the ministry priorities of Bible Baptist Church, and empower its staff to further support the congregation.
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Lead Pastor:
- Meet the qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- In agreement with the theological tenets of BBC (including Calvinistic and premillennial).
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ and the local church
- Faithfully committed to personally follow and apply biblical principles and possess a high level of integrity.
- Confident and trustworthy, and does not seek self-advancement.
- Possesses and follows a personal, spiritual development plan, and also demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
- Excellent relational skills and an infectious love for people far from God.
- Gifted communicator who listens well and is open to instruction and correction.
- If married, spouse will have a vested interest in the ministry of BBC.
- Dedicated disciple of Christ whose life is characterized by prayer, meditation, and a committed study of God’s Word.
About the Location:
Shiremanstown is a great place to live, providing its residents with a small town feel while being close to shopping, outstanding restaurants and world-class healthcare facilities.
The Shiremanstown borough belongs to the Harrisburg-Carlisle metropolitan area of Pennsylvania. The economy in this vicinity has grown to become vastly diversified with a large representation of service-related industries, especially health care and a growing technological industry to accompany the dominant government field inherent to being the state's capital. Downtown Harrisburg has become a popular destination for live entertainment from jazz to contemporary music. The city hosts a number of events including the Pennsylvania Farm Show, the largest free indoor agriculture exposition in the U.S., which has been held there every January since 1917.
Beyond downtown, residential and industrial areas spread across the river into Camp Hill and Mechanicsburg to the west. The economy is projected to grow because of the area’s relatively low cost of doing business and the strategic central location along key surface transportation routes within the eastern United States. The city has minor-league sports and other recreational amenities, offering the best of a small town environment. Carlisle is a satellite town 12 miles west, an area growing retail, commercial and a residential center. It also serves as a trucking hub with low cost of living for a capital city. Public transportation adds to the overall appeal of this centralized location, providing transportation to Harrisburg and other nearby locations
Interested in this position? Apply here.