About the Organization:
Bible Baptist Church is a church with a longstanding legacy of impact that spans more than 55 years. It is located in Shiremanstown, Pennsylvania, a charming borough outside of Harrisburg. The church has a longtime reputation of biblical commitment, community influence, as well as local and worldwide outreach.
Through its history, the church has been known as a place where the Word of God is faithfully preached. It also has been known for its large facility, vibrant music program, and impactful children’s and youth ministries.
The church has experienced over a half-century of faithfulness, which continues to manifest itself in many ways today. As Bible Baptist Church looks to its future, it desires to be filled with sustained faithfulness and abounding fruitfulness in its upcoming seasons of growth and impact.
- Weekly Attendance: 340
- Location: Shiremanstown, Pennsylvania
- Denomination & Affiliations: Non-Denominational
The next Pastor of Worship & Youth will work with the Lead Pastor to develop and coordinate all aspects of the Worship Ministry and Youth Ministry. The individual that assumes this position must possess the ability to recruit, administrate, and lead teams, while managing an array of multi-faceted responsibilities with excellence.
In this ‘two-fold role,’ the worship component of the position will focus on the Sunday morning worship experience. This responsibility will be executed in a way that embodies the values, expectations, and standards of the church, in alignment with the tenets found within the worship ministry philosophy. The style of worship is contemporary with an emphasis on the Gospel. The role pertaining to youth will require strong spiritual leadership, strategic management, and a sense of novelty to guide the successful execution of the objectives relating to the position.
What We Are Searching For/Qualifications:
An undergraduate degree in Bible or related field is required, at minimum.
- Effective public speaker; able to communicate God’s Word with depth and application.
- A proven leader who exercises positive influence.
- Self-motivated and disciplined with capability to take initiative, and maintain focus.
- Self-starter with a strong drive to succeed.
- Comfortable being held accountable for meeting ministry goals and objectives.
- Manages and works well with teams.
- Conflict management skills.
- A strong understanding of current youth culture.
- Capability of translating strategy into creative execution, to create and develop systems to build a large successful student ministry.
- Ability to create relevant Youth Ministry
- Experience leading worship in a church setting.
- Ability to lead worship with an acoustic guitar is preferred.
- Possess vocal and musical ability to lead contemporary worship bands.
- Proficient Bible knowledge, utilizing Scripture in the worship service.
- Familiarity with ProPresenter and PlanningCenter.
About the Location:
Shiremanstown is a great place to live, providing its residents with a small town feel while being close to shopping, outstanding restaurants and world-class healthcare facilities.
The Shiremanstown borough belongs to the Harrisburg-Carlisle metropolitan area of Pennsylvania. The economy in this vicinity has grown to become vastly diversified with a large representation of service-related industries, especially health care and a growing technological industry to accompany the dominant government field inherent to being the state's capital. Downtown Harrisburg has become a popular destination for live entertainment from jazz to contemporary music. The city hosts a number of events including the Pennsylvania Farm Show, the largest free indoor agriculture exposition in the U.S., which has been held there every January since 1917.
Beyond downtown, residential and industrial areas spread across the river into Camp Hill and Mechanicsburg to the west. The economy is projected to grow because of the area’s relatively low cost of doing business and the strategic central location along key surface transportation routes within the eastern United States. The city has minor-league sports and other recreational amenities, offering the best of a small town environment. Carlisle is a satellite town 12 miles west, an area growing retail, commercial and a residential center. It also serves as a trucking hub with low cost of living for a capital city. Public transportation adds to the overall appeal of this centralized location, providing transportation to Harrisburg and other nearby locations
Interested in this position? Apply here.