Weekly Attendance: 700
Neighborhood: Chino Hills, California
The Role: The Children’s Pastor will provide leadership, development, and direction for the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer programming team to further the vision, mission, and strategy of Chino Valley Community Church.
Meet Chino Valley Community Church:
Chino Valley Community Church is the result of a three-way church merge that occurred in February of 1994. In May of 1999, CVCC held services for the first time in their new building. This was truly the fulfillment of a hope, the achievement of a goal, and the realization of a dream. The beautiful new facilities talked of, wondered about, prayed for, planned on, and given to for many years was finally a reality!
In September of 2014 the interior lobby and sanctuary remodel was completed to better equip CVCC to be and make disciples with an intentional focus on maintaining a personal and family-like atmosphere. The exterior remodel was completed in December of 2014 to create more opportunities for those who attend to connect and support each other. It is the desire of this church to be as personal and relational as possible in the midst of numerical and programming growth.
About the Children's Pastor:
The role of the Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director is to provide leadership, development, and direction for the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision, mission, and strategy of Chino Valley Community Church.
The Children's Pastor will:
- Equip parents to be involved in the spiritual formation of their children
- Build a family culture that continually attracts new children and families
- Plan and facilitate creative children’s and family events
- Develop a strategic plan in alignment with the church mission, vision, values, and strategies
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Children's Pastor:
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Children/Family Ministry, Christian Studies, or similar is required for this role.
- A master’s degree is desired, but not required.
- Five to ten years of experience directing a Children’s Ministry in a church size comparable to Chino Valley Community Church is expected for this role.
- An active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Meets Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership
- Gifted in leadership and communication skills
- Possess a love for children and proven passion for Children’s Ministry
- Desire to partner with parents in discipling children
- Highly relational (caring and personable on an individual level)
What it's like to live in Chino Hills, California:
Sometimes called “The Orange County of the Inland Empire,” Chino Hills is known for its high quality of life and rural atmosphere. Located in the southwestern corner of San Bernardino County, it was ranked 34th by Money magazine’s “Best Places To Live” in 2012. With strong job opportunities, great schools, low crime, and quality health care, Chino Hills offers what many Americans want in a community.
Chino Hills has planned subdivisions and a golf club designed by Greg Norman, shopping, eating out and is close to all the culture Los Angeles has to offer. At the same time, Chino Hills is a great suburb to raise a family - with many educational options, most of the schools have won awards for excellence. Filled with young families, elementary and middle school age students outnumber adults in the community. The weather is ideal, with summer highs in the mid to upper 80s, and winter highs in the upper 60s. In 2008, Chino Hills was ranked the 13th safest city in the United States by the FBI.
Think you're the right person for the job? Become a candidate here.