Weekly Attendance: mid 800s
Denomination/ Affiliations: Nondenominational
Location: Schertz, TX
About the Organization:
Crosspoint Fellowship Church (Crosspoint) is a creative, compelling, and relevant non-denominational church with a vision to impact lives in a growing suburban area near San Antonio.
Crosspoint was launched in April 2003. The church began with a commitment to share the hope of Christ to those disconnected with the faith. As the church began to grow in both numbers and in impact, this vision expanded and took on many levels.
Today, this same vision continues today. With a laser-like focus on “reaching seekers and building believers for the kingdom of God,” Crosspoint is experiencing continued growth under the leadership of Lead Pastor Wil Deahl and a dedicated staff as well as committed volunteers.
About the Position:
The Youth Pastor will first and foremost, bring students of many backgrounds and experiences into a community environment where they will hear the Gospel and learn to follow Christ in practical ways. They will accomplish this by leading our Merge Youth Ministry grades 7-12. We have two programs; Fuel – Sunday mornings and UNight – Wednesday nights 6-7:30 Jr. High, 7:30-9 High School.
What We're Searching For:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Youth Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
Three to five years of related ministry leadership experience is ideal for this role.
- Genuine love for students and a calling to minister to them.
- Models the character of Christ in his servant leadership.
- Gifted teacher and communicator of God’s Word to students.
- Experience in recruiting & equipping ministry leaders (leader of leaders).
- Ability to lead others through casting a compelling vision (visionary leader).
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement and principles and practices of Crosspoint Fellowship Church.
- Alignment with the Crosspoint Fellowship Church’s purpose and vision statements.
- Willingness to submit to the leadership of Crosspoint Church.
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Passion and vision for teens.
About the Location:
Schertz is a premier Texas community, located just northeast of San Antonio, nationally recognized for its family atmosphere, foresight and innovation, and commitment to economic prosperity and workforce opportunities.
CNNMoney.com rated Schertz one of the best places to live in the United States. In Texas, Schertz was ranked #1; Nationwide it came in at #40.
A major suburb of San Antonio, Schertz is the largest city of the Randolph Metrocom, which consists of towns and cities surrounding the Randolph Air Force Base. In addition to Schertz, other Randolph Metrocom communities include Live Oak, Kirby, Converse, Marion, Cibolo, Universal City, Garden Ridge, and Selma.
With its proximity to San Antonio, some of the best schools in the state, a low cost of living and high quality of life, Schertz is undoubtedly a great place to live and raise a family.
Interested in this position? Become a candidate here.