About the Organization:
Dunwoody United Methodist Church is an effective, strong, and healthy congregation that strives to deliver upon grace and compassion while focusing on its strengths as a church.
Dunwoody attributes its beginnings to 31 charter members who pioneered a vision and built a church house that would champion and embody its purpose. The church derived its name from the community in which it stood—Dunwoody—after historically prominent figure Major Charles Dunwoody.
The church has been blessed with pastors and members of vision. Under strong leadership of the clergy, staff, and members, the 90's brought a plethora of new growth, new programs and ministries to church members. Today, with a membership of 5,000 and an average worship attendance of 1,150, the ministry of Dunwoody UMC is led by the highly capable leadership of Senior Pastor Rev. Dan Brown, and his team of ministers and associates. It is uniquely known for its community-oriented nature, diverse ministry options, involvement in missions, and quality children’s ministry programming. Dunwoody UMC is a thriving and growing organization that is poised to make significant impact in its surrounding community and beyond.
- Weekly Attendance: 1,100
- Location: Dunwoody, Georgia
- Denomination & Affiliation: UMC
About the Position:
The Director of Children’s Ministry will provide strategy, direction and oversight for the Children’s Ministry of Dunwoody United Methodist Church. The ministry offers dynamic programs, including Sunday morning large and small group activities and VBS. In addition to maintaining oversight of the aforementioned programs, this position will be responsible for Wednesday night programs and special events to more than 200 families with children in grades K-5. Furthermore, the Director of Children’s Ministry will provide leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers, while collaborating with nursery, youth, and music ministry teams.
What We Are Searching For/Qualifications:
The individual that assumes this position will be flexible, organized, and passionate about children and their spiritual growth. They will be an advocate of the ministry, and possess leadership skills that are marked by relational and emotional intelligence.
The scope of skills will include:
- Vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement a Children’s Ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church.
- Positive and energetic interface, with the ability to build, lead, and empower volunteer teams.
- Excellent organization, communication and listening skills.
- A high degree of initiative and accountability.
- Capability to build relationships with children and parents.
- Able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- An advocate for children; ability to influence other areas of the church to advance children’s ministries
- Good leadership skills; ability to delegate and direct the work of a team towards common objectives
- Problem-solve, resolve conflict, and conduct initial counseling with ministry partners and families.
- Think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current priorities.
About the Location:
Dunwoody was officially incorporated as a city on December 1, 2008. The city provides quality service to its citizens and supports the largest economic engine in the Southeast. Dunwoody is a close and vibrant community, which values family life and the entrepreneurial spirit. It supports and nurtures a community dedicated to the preservation of family, education, religious institutions, and the environment.
This vibrant and affluent community, just 10-miles North of Atlanta, is the region’s fastest-growing destination for entertainment, dining, and more. The highly professional and educated residents enjoy the superior public school in the area as well as the large concentration of colleges in universities in Atlanta and the southeast. Offering everything from sports, arts, culture, shopping, and nature, trademark events abound across the city throughout the year. Dunwoody is home to seven parks and more than 170 acres of green space, making it a place where residents and visitors can enjoy a host of outdoor activities, including skateboarding, tennis, hiking, biking, zip lining and more.
Interested in this position? Apply here.