Weekly Attendance: 700
Denomination: Christian and Missionary Alliance
Location: Zionsville, IN
About the Organization:
Eagle Church began in a banquet room of a hotel with a core group of 30 people. The church began “from scratch,” choosing an area of the city and building from the ground up. The building Eagle Church settled in has been their home for 18 years - a testament to God’s faithfulness.
Eagle Church has bold dreams and a strong vision for where they’re headed next - creating a culture of spiritual formation and trusting God every step of the way as he guides and teaches them.
About the Position:
The Children’s Director/Pastor will be responsible for the spiritual leadership and operational oversight of infant thru fourth grade (infants - 4th grade).
The Children’s Director/Pastor must, above all else, love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. They must radiate the reality that Christ is their LIFE. Additionally, the Children’s Director/Pastor should be highly motivated to mobilize teams of leaders for all aspects of the ministry and be effective in creating optimal environments for children to connect with God – for the purpose of leading children to passionately follow Jesus. The Children’s Director/Pastor will contribute leadership among the larger body at Eagle Church in various capacities as opportunities emerge. This person needs to be a visionary, a strong communicator, have the ability to lead teams of people, self-motivated and have strong interpersonal relational skills.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Children's Pastor:
A degree in early childhood or elementary education or in theology/children’s ministry would be helpful, but is not required.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working with infants - 4th grade.
- Pervasive love for Christ that permeates every aspect of their life
- Understands the “abide/abound” rhythm to vocational ministry – lasting fruit flows from vital union with the True Vine
- Models a posture of servanthood – “carry the towel” (John 13)
- Leader of leaders – has the ability to cast vision, set goals, and mobilize a leadership team to accomplish those goals
- Connects comfortably and easily with children and parents
- Possesses a mind and heart that obviously has been saturated in Scripture
- Passion for the lost; sees beyond the walls of the church
- Organized and efficient in communication with parents, leaders, and staff
- Ability to plan/coordinate/organize projects & events (i.e. Christmas & Easter, Summer Day Camps)
- Experience – has served in at least one other church ministry environment
- Theologically trained – Bible/theology/ministry degree (Bachelor or Masters)
About the Location:
While the first permanent settlement in Zionsville occurred in the early 1820s, the town of Zionsville was officially registered with the Boone County, Indiana recorder in early 1852.
Located a mere 20 minutes north from the major metropolitan amenities of Indianapolis, today Zionsville enjoys one of the most enviable lifestyles of any town in Indiana. A visit to Zionsville includes shopping at one of a kind boutiques and stores, visiting various art galleries of nationally known artists and dining choices to fit every taste and every budget at one of our locally owned restaurants.
The town has many seasonal festivals and events, outdoor concerts, and opportunities for family fun at one of many parks.
The excellence of the school system, continued value of homes in the area, community events and government infrastructure attracts those families and businesses who seek a small-town atmosphere that’s just minutes away from the big city amenities provided by Indianapolis.
Zionsville residents take great pride in a continually award-winning Zionsville Community School System. The combination of teachers, parents and the support of the entire community have kept the school system recognized as one of the best in Indiana.
- Zionsville schools have ranked in the Top 5 Indiana School Districts for the past 15 years
- National Blue Ribbon School award in 2004 (Zionsville Community High School) and 2016 (Union Elementary)
- Number of Schools: 8 (all Four-Star Schools)
- Number of Students: 5,923 students
- Zionsville Community High School graduation rate: 96%
Zionsville is home to seventeen parks and facilities with over 400 acres of parkland. Zionsville’s public parks include playgrounds, a splash park, skateboard park, sledding hill, several sport fields and courts, picnic areas, fitness and nature trails, as well as a golf course. Zion Nature Center is an environmental education facility located in Zionsville.
As of 2013, more than 18 paved recreation and commuter paths and trails have been installed with more in the process of design and installation.
The town has two privately maintained recreation facilities: Lions Park, located immediately adjacent to the village center, hosts many annual festivals and the Azionaqua Swim Club, enjoyed by hundreds of local families.
Zionsville has one of the most highly educated populations in Indiana along with an enviable quality of life. It’s a great place to call home.
Interested in this job? Become a candidate here.