Weekly Attendance: 600
Denomination: Baptist (SBC)
Location: Liberty Hill, TX
About the Organization:
Fellowship Church had its beginning April 24, 1996 when about 20 people began holding weekly Bible study and prayer meetings in their homes. Soon they began gathering twice a week in the Masonic Lodge Hall in downtown Liberty Hill. On June 5, 1996, the group formally organized a church with 29 charter members and soon became incorporated.
In March of 1997, the church purchased an abandoned church building as a permanent church home. Much work was ahead since the building had not been used as a place of worship for some time. It was a joy to breathe new life into the old historic building and make it resound with joyful songs and praises to the Lord.
Michael Wright was called as the Senior Pastor in July 2007, and the church has grown from 62 to over 500 in 3 services and two venues since then. Fellowship has seen an average of over 50 baptisms per year, increased weekly Bible study attendance from 40 to over 300, and expanded Wednesday evening student and children’s programs from 12 students to well over 300.
Fellowship launched ‘Camp Fellowship’ which hosts over 300 children and 200 volunteers every summer, established foreign missions partnerships in Turkey, India, Guatemala, and Kazakhstan, and has planted 2 families from Fellowship on the mission field in Central Asia. In addition, Fellowship has funded over 30 water wells in India in the last 3 years and has sent multiple short-term teams to Turkey, Uganda, Kazakhstan, Guatemala, Alaska, Alabama, and other U.S. locations.
Fellowship enjoys financial transparency and has paid off well over $3,000,000.00 in debt over the last couple of years with plans to be debt free by mid-2018. Fellowship met a community need by establishing a vibrant early weekday education program, an after school mentoring program, a Christian K-6 school, and was asked to lead an in-school “Learn to Read” program. The staff has grown to include five pastors, three ministers, and multiple administrative and teaching staff. The community and community leaders view Fellowship and Pastor Michael as an essential part of the community fabric, and leaders routinely lean on Fellowship to do the hard work.
Fellowship continues to grow and has successfully planted two churches, established a thriving Spanish ministry, engaged in two successful building projects, and continues to grow in spiritual depth and ministry width.
About the Position:
The primary role of the Children’s Pastor at Fellowship Church is to serve the church by developing, coordinating, and administering an effective and comprehensive ministry to the children of the church and their families and providing leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers involved in this ministry.
Fellowship Church is seeking a Children’s Minister who will be a Children’s Ministry Champion to provide the leadership, vision, and direction necessary to make a lasting impact in the lives of children. The right fit for our team must have a strong passion to minister to families and have the ability to do so in a fast-paced environment that thrives on reaching people with the gospel in a creative and relevant way. The ultimate goal of the Children’s Minister is to lead a Christian children’s ministry for the children of Fellowship Church and the Liberty Hill area that fosters faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and equips them to be fruit-bearing disciples.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited Christian seminary or Christian bible college with a religious, theological, or ministerial degree in children’s ministry, early childhood development, family leadership or a similar focus is required.
Three or more years of proven experience and success in children’s ministry to with leadership responsibilities, and experience in serving a church of a similar size and character to Fellowship Church is preferred for this role.
- Exercise tact, courtesy, and diplomacy in dealing with guest, parents, and church members.
- A spirit of faithfulness must be exhibited relative to the entire ministry of the church.
- Be an example in the areas of conduct, service, faithfulness, and attitude.
- Maintain a spirit of loyalty to Christ, the church, and the Senior Pastor.
- Commit to being a staff member who is an active and growing follower of Christ capable and willing to share the faith, as well as investing spiritually in others.
- Strive to see their job as ministry rather than mere work.
- Demonstrate leadership and a self-starting attitude, fully capable of working in a team environment.
- Strive to set appropriate boundaries and protect their personal discipleship and family time.
- A disciple.
- Elevates Jesus in all they say and do.
- Has a heart to teach and excite children about the value of God’s word and the blessing of worship.
- Loves their family and has a proven track record of leadership.
- Collaborative leader of leaders who believes we are better together.
- Passionate about family and believes parents are the primary disciple-makers of their children.
- Volunteers will be drawn to this minister and their ministry.
- Values the team over themselves. Servant-hearted.
- Super strong administrative, organizational, relational, and verbal skills.
- Self-starter. Takes initiative. Can do attitude. Doesn’t wait. This is important.
- Problem solver.
- Hungry to multiply and train.
- Eye for excellence.
- A willingness to think outside the mold of conventional church.
- The Children’s Minister will need a unique blend of several elements: ministering to people, strategic thinking, creative ideas, managing people and processes, and an energetic personality.
About the Location:
Nestled between the North and South forks of the San Gabriel River, remnants of small ranching and farming villages have evolved over the past 175 years into one of the fastest growing communities in the Austin metro area.
Families and businesses are locating to the Liberty Hill area today for the same reasons they did throughout history — the beauty of the rolling hills along the Shin Oak Ridge, good schools and plenty of opportunity. The city has several upscale neighborhoods being built around downtown. Current residents are trying to preserve Liberty Hill’s charm and history throughout all this growth. Downtown Liberty Hill still has many of their original buildings, a few of them restored.
One of the biggest attractions to Liberty Hill is a sculpture garden containing some of the best work from Mel Fowler and international sculptors. Liberty Hill is also well known for the historic Fort Tumbleweed. Liberty Hill is within 40 miles of some of the best Texas Hill Country Attractions including the Austin Zoo, Inks Lake State Park, Longhorn Cavern State Park, Pedernales Falls, and Rockhopper’s Family Fun Center is in Horseshoe Bay. Entertainment and cultural amenities are plentiful, as is outdoor recreation.
Prominence of the city also includes the nearby University of Texas, an important music scene, and a large high-tech industry, including Dell, Inc. in Round Rock, several miles north. Liberty Hill’s surrounding area continues to be a magnet for business and particularly high-tech and small business startups. The list of names with facilities in town could form a NASDAQ high tech stock index. Growth is spreading mainly north, towards sister cities Round Rock and Pflugerville, accompanied by plenty of middle-class housing, and large areas of more upscale housing lie to the west among the hills and towards Lake Travis.
Families and businesses are safe and thriving in Liberty Hill where the taxes are low, the people are friendly and the views are spectacular.
Interested in this job? Become a candidate here.