About the Organization:
First Baptist Church of Andrews exists to know Christ and to make Him known. It is built upon a 100-year long legacy of Great Commission impact. Over the last century, FBCA has established a well-known reputation as a church with a driving passion to reach people for Christ by boldly and innovatively proclaiming Him to unchurched people in Andrews and across the globe. Led by a strong, supportive, tenured pastoral staff, the core values of FBC still stand firm today, as it seeks to accurately and creatively teach the Word of God, boldly pursue and increase missional impact, strategically encourage the development of Godly life-changing relationships, while passionately striving to know Him and make Him known to the nations.
- Weekly Attendance: 375
- Location: Andrews, TX
- Denomination & Affiliations: Southern Baptist Convention
About the Position:
The Minister of Worship will be responsible for assisting the church in planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive worship ministry. This position will work under the leadership of the Senior Pastor and in cooperation with the pastoral staff team to establish continuity in church ministries and to accomplish the overall mission of the church. The successful candidate will have strong vocal skills, lead worship from an instrument, possess the ability to read and perform music, as well as lead the worship team in song at all corporate worship services.
What We Are Searching For:
- Ability to prepare for, lead in, and a passionate heart for vibrant and authentic worship
- Ability to relate to multi-generational audiences.
- Multi-faceted task management.
- Capability of working with individuals who possess varying skill sets.
- Technologically savvy.
- Proven leadership ability with a wide capacity to recruit and develop volunteers.
- Possess a deep love for God, a passion for worship, a vibrant prayer life, a teachable spirit, and a team-player attitude.
- Professional training, experience, and proficiency both vocally and with an instrument is highly preferred.
- Training, experience, and proficiency with (and/or willingness to explore) various genres of music.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of the creative technology and arts and how they can be utilized in ministry.
- Ability to transmit verbal communication in a clear, concise and coherent manner.
An undergraduate degree in Music, Music Ministry, or a closely related field.
The prospective Minister of Worship will be a life-long learner with a heart for worship and a solid background in worship leadership. They will be self-motivated, with a desire to seek constant improvement and excellence in all areas of responsibility. Their work ethic will speak to their preparation, musicianship and highly effective execution of Sunday morning programming.
About the Location:
Andrews, Texas boasts a unique history. It has made giant strides in progress and growth since the communities founding in 1908. The pioneers of Andrews brought with them an enterprising spirit that remains to this day, while the long-standing environment of support, cooperation, and collaboration is largely the reason the area has been recognized as a vibrant and forward-moving community. Andrews is known for its oil, ranching, and over 13,000 friendly, active people, including the quality of life that encompasses an excellent school system and first-class health care facilities. The finest law enforcement, fire protection, and ambulance services also add to the quality amenities in the Andrews way of life. The city offers the advantages that come with residing in a smaller community; a low cost of living, a very low crime rate, fresh, clean air, activities for young/old, and plenty of good neighbors, to name a few. It offers Western living, small-town America, and all the amenities of a modern day lifestyle. The City of Andrews and Andrews County are 100% debt-free, a rare accomplishment in today’s economy. The City of Andrews offers a quality environment and a forward-oriented community that is warm and welcoming. It is indeed a great place to visit, and an even better place to live.
Interested in this position? Apply here.