Theology: Baptist SBC
Weekly Attendance: 350
Neighborhood: Seguin, Texas
The role: The Student Pastor is responsible for evangelizing and discipling youth and bringing them into active membership of the church.
Meet First Baptist Church Seguin:
First Baptist Church of Seguin was founded in 1851, and has been well established since, occupying their current property since the early 1980s. Brice became the Lead Pastor in 2001, bringing with him a rich history and experience as a Lead Pastor for more than a decade before. In the 17 years he has led the church as Lead Pastor, he has cultivated an atmosphere of service, accountability, and biblical community.
As Seguin has grown and changed over the years, First Baptist has embraced new people, new service opportunities, and new ways to communicate the message of the gospel.
About the Student Pastor:
The Student Pastor is responsible for evangelizing and discipling youth and bringing them into active membership of the church.
The Student Pastor will:
- Serve as a member of the staff team, under the direction of the Lead Pastor, to assist in the growth of the church
- Provide leadership in ministries to youth
- Plan and Implement the Sunday morning youth program
- Plan and Implement an outreach ministry to youth
- Serve as a resource provider to those working with youth
- Oversee a discipleship ministry among the youth in which they are better grounded in a knowledge of God’s word
- Provide resources and assistance to parents of youth
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Student Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required for this position.
The ideal candidate will have prior proven experience in a ministry leadership position, preferably with students.
- Commitment to holiness and developing a personal walk with God to model and lead others in their faith.
- If married, love spouse as Christ loved the church. If a parent, discipline children to know God and love Him.
- Able to use and communicate via social media and applicable technology.
- Must lead, have vision, be organized, and possess people skills.
- Has healthy family relationships, and is able to balance priorities between home and ministry.
- Has a big vision for students and is excited about reaching and ministering to the community of Seguin.
- Someone who is a team player and an equipper in their leadership.
- Someone who handles the Word of God by seeing the big picture and acting on it.
- Pursues professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- Has a strong commitment to assisting the ministries of the church in fulfilling their mission and vision.
- Has energy and enthusiasm, particularly around students, yet is able to exude a calming influence when needed.
- Carries a posture of strength, approachability, and humility.
- Demonstrates a strong relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- Has a demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- Has a doctrinal position that matches that of the First Baptist Church Seguin family.
What it's like to live in Seguin, Texas:
Seguin, Texas is the county seat of the ninth-fastest (percentage) growing county in Texas. Located along the banks of the Guadalupe River, it is thirty miles east of San Antonio along I-10 and fifty miles south of Austin via state highway 130 with its eighty-five-mph speed limit.
Its residents work both locally in manufacturing jobs, such as Caterpillar Engines, Niagara Water, and CMC Steel, professions such as nursing, teaching and small business owners, as well as commuting to work in San Antonio. It is home to a newly renovated hospital and a new high school which opened in 2016.
People in Seguin enjoy recreation, including major softball complexes, the golf course along the river, an amusement park with the steepest wooden roller-coaster in the country (and Schlitterbahn Water Park fifteen miles away in New Braunfels), and a newly constructed hike-and-bike trail.
The city is named for Juan Seguin, who led the Hispanic forces under Sam Houston fighting for Texas Independence in 1836. It remains both racially and religiously diverse today. As the county seat, it is the business center for the surrounding smaller communities and school districts. Seguin retains many of the advantages of a small town where you know your neighbors and run into friends while shopping or dining, while also offering the advantages of its proximity to larger metropolitan areas, including two international airports within an hour’s drive.
Think you're a great fit for this job? Become a candidate here.