Weekly Attendance: 200
Neighborhood: Kokomo, Indiana
The role: The Director of Worship will be a Jesus loving, musically gifted, creative, relational, and servant leader to direct the church in musical worship, choral, contemporary music, hand-bell, special events, and preschool music.
Meet First Evangelical Presbyterian Church:
First Evangelical Presbyterian Church has been a church family since 1868. In November 2018, they will celebrate 150 years of service to their community - 150 years of a rich history of God’s faithfulness to the church. They are a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church denomination.
“First Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Kokomo, Indiana is a fellowship of believers called by God as a body of Christ who accept Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, the Son of the Living God. Joining together in worship, we put our trust in God and strive to follow the teaching of Jesus, living as brothers and sisters in God’s grace and growing together in love. Our church family seeks God’s will in worship, music, education, youth programs, a preschool, community assistance and outreach, and missions here and abroad.”
About the Director of Worship:
The Director of Intergenerational Worship & Music will be a Jesus loving, musically gifted, creative, relational, and servant leader to direct the church in musical worship, choral, contemporary music, hand-bell, special events, and preschool music.
The Director of Worship will:
- Direct the planning, conducting, and evaluating of a complete and comprehensive intergenerational music and worship program of contemporary and classical musical styles. Candidates will incorporate contemporary style of music as a part of the music ministry.
- Lead the adult and youth choirs, lead the hand bell choirs, and develop other musical groups that might be needed in the future.
- Assist the pastor in planning all services of worship.
- Arrange and create appropriate music for the special programs of the church, including weddings, funerals, Vacation Bible School, Little School, and other special occasions.
- Maintain the church music library and files, supplies, and musical instruments (organ, pianos, chimes, handbells).
- Maintain the multimedia equipment for the church.
- Lead the Assistant Director of Worship & Music
- Oversee media teams regarding various elements including, but not limited to, lyric slides, sound checks, and platform design layouts.
- Oversee the musical selections on the carillon chimes.
- Remain informed on new music methods and materials.
- Serve as staff liaison on the worship team and assist with the preparation of the annual Worship & Music budget.
- Help maintain a spiritual quality of life among members of the choirs, and contemporary music teams.
- Develop worship teams for Sunday services.
- Complete the Safe Child Policy training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
A bachelor’s degree or higher is required for this position. A music degree, while not a requirement, would be a great bonus.
The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience, preferably prior experience as a Worship Pastor in church setting incorporating contemporary and traditional music.
- An energetic, enthusiastic, and fun personality
- Multigenerational appeal
- Someone who is a relational giant
- Appreciation for a range of music/worship spectrum
- Sense of humor
- Gifted musician and vocalist
- Someone who is a builder and developer
- Someone who is collaborative and team driven
What it's like to live in Kokomo, Indiana:
Kokomo is a city in the county seat of Howard County, Indiana, United States and is Indiana's 13th-largest city. It is the principal city of the Kokomo, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area, which includes all of Howard and Tipton counties. Kokomo's population was 45,468 at the 2010 census and on January 1, 2012, Kokomo successfully annexed more than seven square miles on the south and west sides of the city, including Alto And Indian Heights, increasing the city's population to nearly 57,000 people. Kokomo, Indiana is known as a welcoming, and entertaining region. Entertainment includes festivals, parks, and sports teams.
Think you're the right person for the job? Become a candidate here.