Weekly Attendance: 75
Denomination: Disciples of Christ
Location: Gibson City, IL
About the Organization:
First Christian Church in Gibson City, IL was organized in 1871 and late reorganized in 1893. The church was previously located at 11th and Sangamon and moved to its current location in 1971. We are affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), a denomination formed in 1832 and grew out of a movement that began on American soil in the late 18th century.
About the Position:
The Pastor at Gibson City First Christian Church will first and foremost be a highly gifted teacher. Communicating God’s Word in a compelling and relevant fashion while maintaining integrity to the text is job number one. In doing so, they will strive to champion the mission of Gibson City First Christian Church, while offering a strong foundation of leadership and a spiritual perspective to the future of the church. This person will be skilled in leveraging the influence of the leadership, staff, and volunteer teams, to further the mission of making more and better disciples.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will preferably have a degree from an accredited seminary, as well as an undergraduate degree.
The ideal candidate will have prior ministry leadership experience, possibly as a Senior Pastor or an equivalent position.
- A track record of growth and vitality in ministry leadership.
- Proven ability to preach application-oriented sermons rooted in Scripture.
- A visionary that can initiate meaningful change while maintaining unity of the congregation.
- Values the staff and leadership culture of the church by leading through consensus and collaboration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An energetic, proactive and solution-oriented self-starter.
- A good listener who exhibits the qualities of care, compassion and empathy.
- A depth of connectedness with God evidenced by a regular devotional life.
- An ongoing, lifelong learner.
- Possesses an understanding of biblical stewardship and puts it into practice.
- If married, spouse who celebrates ministry and is vested in the life of the church.
- Invests in personal spiritual growth and fosters this growth within their family unit.
- Exhibits an ecumenical attitude through a willingness to work with other pastors and congregations in the community.
About the Location:
Gibson City is one of Illinois's best kept secrets. With a population of 3,407 at the 2010 census, you’re bound to feel right at home in this welcoming and peaceful city. Enjoy the nightly, local entertainment that Gibson City has to offer for all ages including a drive-in movie theater, bowling alley, and local golf course. Additionally, enjoy delicious and home-cooked meals from multiple local restaurants that the city has to offer.
On your night or weekend off, take a quick drive to either Bloomington, IL or Champaign, IL for dining and entertainment. Home of two major universities, Bloomington and Champaign are both located in central Illinois with beautiful and windy weather. Such entertainment in these cities include zoos, museums, nature centers, biking trails, music festivals, and more. Additionally, catch a football game at Memorial Stadium Champaign or a basketball game at State Farm Center for some local, athletic excitement. For further entertainment, take an hour to two hour drive to various major, entertaining cities like Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN, and St. Louis, MO for delicious and authentic food, nightly entertainment, sightseeing, and more. All in all, Gibson City is a convenient, welcoming, and peaceful place for any couple or family to live.
Interested in this job? Become a candidate here.