Weekly attendance: 1,700
Neighborhood: Orlando, Florida
The role: The primary goal of the Student Pastor is to lead and organize the middle and high school ministries at Grace church within the context of Family Ministries (birth through high school).
Meet Grace Church:
Grace is a non-denominational, Reformed-leaning church that is passionate about reaching people. They worship in four local campuses in Central Florida, with a mission to help people take their next step toward Christ. This model gives them the strength and resources of a larger church but the community of a smaller church. They have live teaching pastors at all of their campuses, allowing them to connect with people and teach the Bible in ways that speak to each unique neighborhood. It also allows them to resource and train as many next generations leaders as possible for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
What makes Grace Church so unique is the combination of expositional preaching, live preaching on all campuses, modern music, and liturgical worship elements.
About the Student Pastor:
The primary goal of the Student Pastor is to lead and organize the middle and high school ministries at Grace church within the context of Family Ministries (birth through high school). They will connect with unchurched students in Orlando and provide a next step for them to grow spiritually, as well as provide a place for students following Christ to be equipped and on mission in their spiritual journey. They will also work in conjunction with Family Ministries to connect with parents and equip them with the tools and resources they need to be successful.
The Student Pastor will:
- Lead the vision, mission, culture, and values of Family Ministries and Grace Church.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a strategy of student ministry across Grace’s multi-site campuses.
- Work closely with graceKIDS! Team.
- Develop and pour into leaders who will, in turn, develop and pour into leaders and students.
- Ensure quality, gospel-centered teaching/large group environments (including worship) for middle school and high school students during weekend and midweek services.
- Ensure all students have access to quality small group experiences where life-change can happen. The goal is for every student to be connected relationally with a spiritual leader.
- Provide events/activities for students to connect, grow, and serve within the context of their student ministry.
- Create environments where every student has a place to connect and grow, regardless of their past and spiritual background.
- Integrate students into the larger church (attending services, participating in service projects and serving in other areas of Family Ministry and the church).
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Student Pastor:
The ideal candidate for this role will have a bachelor’s degree at minimum. While a seminary degree is not required for this role, a candidate with a seminary degree or further theological training is a great bonus.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years or more of ministry experience or leadership related to youth ministry. They will have experience leading students and a proven record of leading student ministries with 70+ students attending weekly. Their experience will also lend itself to them being able to develop and lead adult staff and leaders who in turn organize and lead the ministry. They will also have experience and strong skills in teaching with a preference for book-by-book teaching.
- Has an active walk with Christ, and consistently exhibiting a Christ-like character
- Possesses an authentic, genuine spirit in their faith, work, and relationships
- Is highly organized with the ability to troubleshoot, and create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail
- Is strongly gifted in the area of leading/shepherding, with team building and impersonal skills
- Exhibits solid teaching skills
- Is organized and collaborative and creative in planning events, camps, and trips
What it's like to live in Orlando, Florida:
Orlando, Florida, is a city of approximately 200,000 people located in east/central Florida. It is the third largest metropolitan area in Florida that is home to nearly 1.8 million people. The area is a major tourist destination and is the home of Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando. Neighboring Lake Buena Vista is home of Walt Disney World, the world-renowned amusement park. These attractions form the backbone of Orlando's tourism industry, making the city the most visited city in the U.S. Orlando is also home to the University of Central Florida, one of the U.S.’s largest campuses. Another important sector is the film, television, and electronic gaming industries, aided by the presence of Universal Studios, Disney's Hollywood Studios, UCF College of Arts and Humanities, Full Sail University, the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy, and other entertainment companies and schools.
As of 2006, Orlando is also home to three Fortune 1000 company headquarters. It has evolved from the hub of Florida’s citrus industry in the 19th century, to a mecca for tourism in the 20th century. The city’s regional leaders have worked diligently in recent years to diversify its economy to create a new breed of high-tech, high-wage careers for residents in cutting edge industries such as digital media, technology, life sciences, modeling, simulation, and training. Today, Orlando is a global leader in the 21st-century innovation economy.
This city is ranked as one of the "Most Fun U.S City" in a survey conducted by Cranium Inc. Factors taken into account in the ranking include the number of sports teams, restaurants, dance performances, toy stores, the amount of a city's budget that is spent on recreation, and other factors. And it never fails to consistently earn a ranking as one of the top tourist destinations in the world. All in all, Orlando is the ideal place for any couple or family to live.
Think you're a great fit for this position? Become a candidate here.