Theology: Evangelical Free
Weekly Attendance: 125
Neighborhood: Stamford, Connecticut
The role: The primary goal of the Associate Pastor is to support the Kingdom-building efforts of Grace Evangelical Free Church through the creation of disciple-making, missional communities. The intention is for the Associate Pastor to become the Senior Pastor upon the retirement of the current Senior Pastor in June 2020.
Meet Grace Evangelical Free Church:
Grace Evangelical Church is a congregational church with a high commitment to the Gospel and the to the Word of God. They deeply believe the Gospel changes lives. Walk in on Sunday (or any day), and find a warm and welcoming family; a united church spared of disconnection and disunity. You’ll also find a diverse and vibrant church congregation with many people from many walks of life, with diversity in ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status, and even minors of theology. It’s a relaxed and friendly environment to worship, hear the Word of God, and connect with others. Someone will probably talk to you, or even hug you, because that’s the type of church Grace is.
Grace Evangelical Free Church exists to love God, to love people, and to make disciples. As a congregation, we order our priorities around these three commitments, seeking the fullness of the Word and the fullness of the Spirit.
About the Associate Pastor:
The primary goal of this position is to support the Kingdom-building efforts of Grace Evangelical Free Church through the creation of disciple making missional communities.
The Associate Pastor will:
Be Discipleship Champion:
- Creating discipleship communities: the goal is to have every person in Grace church in a discipleship environment.
- One-on-one discipleship.
- Life Transformation Groups of four or less.
- Small Group Bible studies of 12 or less.
- Monthly meetings of special groups (men’s Saturday meeting).
Be Active in the Preaching Ministry:
- Preach once per month
- Sermon preparation
Foster Spiritual Formation:
- Maintaining and developing a personal relationship with God.
- Weekly mentoring with Scott and leadership development study.
- Prayer with Elders on Monday mornings.
- Participate weekly in the Grace Church blog site.
Focus on Discipleship of the Unchurched:
- Intentionally connecting with a small group of unchurched people.
- Practicing Biblical hospitality.
- Practicing relational outreach.
Administration and Executive Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and maintain a communication strategy the congregation through Web pages, Facebook, app, and other electronic communication.
- Weekly announcements in the worship service and electronically.
- Weekly church bulletin preparation.
What you bring:
An undergraduate degree is required, and a seminary degree is desired for this position.
The ideal candidate will have three years or more of experience ministry leadership, but potential, vision, and character are more important than experience for this position.
- Someone who lives by “Love God - Love People - Make Disciples.”
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement and theology of Grace Evangelical Free Church.
- A chemistry that fits with the culture of Grace.
- Someone who understands, knows, and loves the area of Stamford or is excited to learn and grow to understand the area.
- Someone who is passionate about diversity.
- Someone with a gift for preaching and teaching and a love for Biblical knowledge that they share with others.
- Someone with a winsome personality.
- Someone who is versatile.
What it's like to live in Fairfield County, Connecticut:
Stamford is a welcoming, entertaining, and historic city in Fairfield County, Connecticut. As of 2017, according to the Census Bureau, the population of Stamford had risen to 131,000, making it the third-largest city in the state and the seventh-largest city in New England. Approximately 30 miles from Manhattan, Stamford is in the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk Metro area a part of the Greater New York metropolitan area. The city has an area of 52.09 square miles, making it the largest city by area in the state.
Stamford offers many venues for recreation, including parks, theaters, recreation sites, museums, and sports stadiums. They also have an orchestra, opera, and summer concerts and events. It is a healthy community with plenty of opportunities and environments for every type of exercise and activity. Interestingly enough, the first marathon race to be held in the United States, on September 19, 1896, had its starting line at Stamford Armory. Since then, this culture of fitness has continued on throughout the Stamford residents to this day. All in all, Stamford is the ideal place for any couple or family to live in.
Think you're a great fit for this position? Become a candidate here.