About the Organization:
Grace Fellowship Church is a vibrant, grace-giving, intergenerational, and diverse community of Christ-followers who are growing toward maturity and wholeness in Christ together in every dimension of our lives.
Founded in 1980 with just four couples that began meeting in a living room, Grace Fellowship Church is a vibrant, intergenerational church, now with over 2,200 people in weekly attendance. Fueled by a passion to reach the lost with the love of Christ and equip every member to be a minister, Grace Fellowship Church is a diverse community of Christ-followers, located 15 miles north of downtown Baltimore, Maryland.
Through solid biblical teaching and creative services, Grace Fellowship Church seeks to be both spirit-filled and God-focused in all that it does. With over 2.7 million people living within the Baltimore Metropolitan area, Grace Fellowship Church is called to make a lasting impact throughout Metropolitan Baltimore with its contemporary, incarnational approach to worship and spiritual formation.
Weekly Attendance: 2600
Location: Timonium, MD
About the Position:
The Senior Communications Director is responsible for leading the overall communication and marketing strategies, initiatives, and plans for Grace Fellowship Church. This includes developing, coordinating, and delivering external and internal communications to support the church and its ministries to effectively convey GFC’s vision. This person will oversee, develop, and maintain Grace Fellowship’s branding for all media including print, website, social networking sites, and all other collateral.
In addition to shaping the on-site and on-line messaging of GFC, this person will be accountable for the creation, planning, and implementation of effective communications strategies to the church and the community.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Communications Director:
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
A minimum of 7 years of marketing or communications in a leadership role is preferred.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Proven artistic and graphic designing skill with a vision of relevant marketing & communications trends
- Highly capable skills with technology and office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop) as well an aptitude for learning other necessary software
- Proven leadership and consensus building skills
- This person will demonstrate a maturing faith in Jesus Christ. Through their personal interactions, decisions, leadership influence, and communications, they will model the lifestyle and practices of a devoted Christ-follower. They will serve out of the presence and strength of the Holy Spirit.
- This person will embrace the mission, passion, and Core Commitments of GFC without reservation. They will evidence full agreement to the Doctrinal Statement of Grace Fellowship Church and a submission to biblical authority.
- This candidate must be a self-starter and self-manager – with a high attention to detail.
- They will be teachable, with a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- They will be well-spoken of by those who know them and have worked with them.
- Displays appropriate and respectful behavior towards those of the opposite sex.
- We serve, lead, and work by “putting our whole heart into it as done unto the Lord.”
- They will be a team player with a mutual respect for the gifting and differences of co-workers.
- Cooperative in a team setting.
- Unified and working towards shared goals.
- Celebrative (& Fun).
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office products, and Adobe creative suite required.
- Experience with email marketing & Facebook advertising.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including editing and proofreading.
- Strong proven strategic marketing & communications planning experience with a proven track record in developing and administering a solid communications program.
- Must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Active in social media. Desired high-level understanding of social media and the impact to reach others.
- Able to handle confidential information with integrity.
- Sincere commitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams.
- Self-manager / attention to detail.
- Strong proven leadership and consensus building skills.
About the Location:
Grace Fellowship Church is located in the suburban community of Timonium, in Baltimore County, Maryland. With a population of about 10,000, it is an area where cultural diversity is growing. It is also home to some of the best schools in the county with most test scores above the state average. Timonium is also home of the Maryland State Fairgrounds which holds a variety of events throughout the year including the much-anticipated annual State Fair.
This area of Baltimore County offers several nearby recreational spots including the Northern Central Railroad Trail which is a 20-mile-long former railroad corridor that runs along the Gunpowder River and Loch Raven Reservoir which offers numerous hiking and biking trails, picnic areas, and fishing. There are both beach and mountain areas within a three-hour drive which makes Maryland the ideal location to experience a full range of world class activities throughout each season of the year.
There are several nearby growing communities including Hunt Valley to the north, home of the world-famous McCormick Spice Headquarters and booming Towson to the south with Towson University, and quickly expanding areas with shopping, dining, and entertainment. Baltimore is just 15 miles south of Timonium and boasts diverse historical landmarks and entertainment attractions including two major sports teams (Orioles and Ravens), Preakness Stakes, National Aquarium, Fort McHenry, the world-renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital and University, Chesapeake Bay and Inner Harbor, and more.
Grace Fellowship Church is located in the tranquil middle-upper class suburb of Timonium, Maryland, home to approximately 35,000 residents. Just 20 minutes north of Baltimore, we are also close to a large metropolitan mission field. More than 650,000 people live within a 15-minute driving radius of the church and the number climbs to over one million within a 30-minute radius.
Living in the Timonium/Towson suburbs is attractive thanks to good schools and strong property values. Demographically, we reflect the immediately surrounding Timonium community which is economically stable, increasingly ethnically diverse, and generally middle to upper-middle class.
Stylistically, although GFC weekend services are bible-teaching and believer-focused, they are very accessible to those exploring the church and those young in their faith. The services include a live worship team/band, contemporary music, and relevant messages.
Our Children’s ministry provides a fun and creative ministry environment for over 300 birth-5th graders each week. A thriving purpose-driven middle school and high school student ministry meets on weekends as well.
Interested in this job? Apply here.