Weekly Attendance: 1,000
Location: York, PA
About the Organization:
A Timeline History of Grace Fellowship
- December 1989 - 130 people met and Grace Fellowship was born!
- January 1990 - Grace Fellowship was officially incorporated, a full-time staff consisting of senior pastor, worship pastor, youth pastor, and full-time secretary.
- February 1990 - Grace Fellowship held the first service in a facility on Madison Avenue in York, owned by West Side Baptist Church.
- August 1992 - The church relocated to Fairmount Hill, the former Red Lion Middle School.
- 1992 - The church purchased 30 acres of land along Route 616 in York New Salem with cash.
- May 1994 - Construction began and the first service was held in the new facility in December of that year.
- September 1997 - The church moved into a newly built educational facility that provided much more space.
- Fall of 2003 - A preschool was opened.
- Fall of 2004 - A state-of-the-art, 2,200-seat auditorium and a nursery complex was completed.
- 2006 - 2007 - The lower level of the new facility was completed, providing additional classrooms and a Great Room.
- May 2008 - The Senior Pastor retires, and a new Senior Pastor was hired. He remained for 3 ½ years before resigning.
- December 2012 - Pastor Michael Anthony accepted the call to lead Grace Fellowship Church.
- 2017 - The church purchased eight acres of land adjoining property.
Grace Fellowship Church has experienced 28+ years of growth and ministry as they continue to become a church of local, regional, national and international influence for God’s glory.
About the Position:
Grace Fellowship Church is looking for a full-time, highly relational and anointed Worship Pastor who can take the church and congregation into the next season of ministry as they continue to become a church of local, regional, national and international influence. They're looking for a “humble general” -- a person who is honest, transparent and can work well with other people while also being an excellent leader who inspires others to follow and can help them reach their greatest potential.
Part of their vision is to be a church whose musicians are writing, producing and distributing original worship music that will be used by Christians around the world. Their prayer is that God will bring them an anointed worship pastor who shares this vision and has either already begun to do this or is hungry to write, produce, record and help distribute original worship songs. They love what Hillsong, Elevation Worship, Jesus Culture are doing in this realm, and want someone who would be excited to help them achieve something similar. Their Lead Pastor just had his first book published, A Call for Courage (by Thomas Nelson Publishers, March 2018), and they are looking to expand their worship ministry so that they have a similar reach through songs of worship. They have gifted musicians and singers who are eager to collaborate on original songs for the Lord and his people.
This candidate will be someone who demonstrates both professional and personal excellence and be characterized by staying focused on the ministry goals and directives as communicated by the Lead Pastor. They will be anointed, called, faithful, available, and teachable.
The Worship Pastor will lead others to the feet of Jesus in authentic worship through corporate services, live events, and other ministries. A proven track record of implementing a church vision and mission, recruiting, mentoring and mobilizing volunteers, and event planning is essential to the success of the Worship Pastor and our music worship ministry.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree, or higher, in a related field from a reputable college, Bible college or seminary is required.
- At least two years of proven success in leadership in the area(s) of music in a ministry setting, with proven ability to screen, recruit, train and motivate volunteers.
- Experience casting and implementing vision in a mid to large-size church, or comparable experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in strategic planning, event planning, and handling logistics.
- Experience creating annual ministry budgets, or the equivalent. You must anticipate and procure resources and needs annually and handle additional needs that may occur throughout the year. You must help develop and work within a budget.
- A strong track record of being self-motivated, organized and successful with little supervision, yet able to work excellently with the Lead Pastor and other ministry peers and leaders.
- Personal integrity and intimacy with God
- Be a daily student of the Bible, intentionally putting its teachings into action
- Be an example of Christ through humility, by demonstrating a teachable spirit and by working well with others
- Demonstrate obvious love for your spouse and children (if married)
- Be anointed and called to lead people in worship. We are looking not only for someone who is gifted musically, but someone who is called and gifted to lead people in authentic worship.
- You must have a good reputation outside the church
- You must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- You must demonstrate love and respect for others
- You must humbly lead and mentor others
- Have full buy-in to the Vision, Mission, Values, Doctrinal Statement, and the document entitled Culture of Grace
- Able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and processes in the performance of your ministry.
- You must be a godly and effective representative of Jesus Christ, Grace Fellowship and the Worship Arts Ministries.
About the Location:
York is a welcoming and heartwarming community full of history and entertainment. Originally founded by settlers from the Philadelphia region, the population has now grown to roughly 43,718 people. The city has been called an "architectural museum," because the downtown features many well-preserved historic structures and notable buildings, including the 1741 Golden Plough Tavern, the 1766 York Meetinghouse, and the 1888 York Central Market. All in all, this is the perfect location for any couple or family.
From elementary schools to large universities, York has it all. The educational opportunities found in York are endless and full of highly rated and desired public school systems. Additionally, York is in proximity to major college universities including University of Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon University, and Pennsylvania State University.
The town of York is nestled approximately 100 miles from the well-known city of Philadelphia. On your day or weekend off, take a short drive to some major cities like Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, or Newark, NJ, or take a day to enjoy some of York’s own local entertainment by attending weekend festivities and events like watching a show at the performing arts center, visiting a food and wine festival, or catching a ball game at the PeoplesBank Ballpark.
Interested in this job? Become a candidate here.