Theology: Southern Baptist
Weekly Attendance: 2,400
Neighborhood: San Antonio, TX
The role: The Children’s Pastor will be a leader and shepherd of other leaders in the Children’s Ministry, equipping them to teach and guide the children of Grace Point Church through effective curriculum, discipleship and baptism classes, and strategic and visionary planning for the overall activities of the Children’s Ministry.
Meet Grace Point Church:
Grace Point exists to lead common people into uncommon life in Jesus. They do this by connecting people to Jesus and the church, living in community, and empowering people to pursue their calling. At Grace Point, they strive to make Jesus and His Gospel their main focus by loving God, loving others, and loving their city and the world.
Grace Point desires to see the city of San Antonio changed and lives restored by the truth of God’s grace and love in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They do this by being a community centered on the mission of Jesus to make disciples, or as they say, leading common people into uncommon life in Jesus.
About the Children’s Pastor role:
The Children’s Pastor will be a leader and shepherd of other leaders in the Children’s Ministry, equipping them to teach and guide the children of Grace Point Church through effective curriculum, discipleship and baptism classes, and strategic and visionary planning for the overall activities of the Children’s Ministry.
The Children’s Pastor will:
- Create and solidify learning objectives for the children of the ministry and map out a sustainable and scalable curriculum plan.
- Create a comprehensive curriculum plan that ties into the NextGen ministry curriculum and structure.
- Strategically implement a discipleship program.
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Children's Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree or further theological training or a seminary degree is a great bonus for this position but is not required.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a leadership role at a multisite church or a larger church setting in a second chair role in a children’s ministry. The ideal candidate will also have five years or more of proven experience.
- A strong faith and a commitment to Grace Point Church theology
- A personality that fits with the culture of Grace Point Church
- A leader who encourages and builds up team members
- An individual who can lead both up and down and is always coachable
- A passion to facilitate the ministry of the church through staff and leaders
- Supervisory skills including coaching, mentoring, nurturing, holding accountable to ministry goals, and helping create a reporting structure that works for the individual
- A go-getter and take initiative attitude, with flexibility and cheerfulness no matter what the task is
- Someone who is committed to solution-side living
What it's like to live in San Antonio, Texas:
San Antonio is the seventh most populous city in the United States and the second most populous city in both Texas and the Southern United States. Founded as a Spanish mission and colonial outpost in 1718, the city became the first chartered civil settlement in Texas in 1731, making it the state's oldest municipality. The city's deep history is contrasted with its rapid growth: it was the fastest-growing of the top ten largest cities in the United States from 2000 to 2010, and the second from 1990 to 2000. Straddling the regional divide between South and Central Texas, San Antonio anchors the southwestern corner of an urban megaregion colloquially known as the "Texas Triangle.”
San Antonio hosts over 100,000 students in its 31 higher-education institutions. San Antonio is also a popular tourist destination. The Alamo Mission in San Antonio ("The Alamo"), located in Downtown, is Texas' top tourist attraction. Because of the mission, San Antonio is often called "Alamo City.” The River Walk, which meanders through the Downtown area, is the city's second-most-visited attraction, giving it the additional nickname of "River City.” The Downtown area also features San Fernando Cathedral, The Majestic Theatre, Hemisfair (home of the Tower of the Americas, and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures), La Villita, Market Square, the Spanish Governor's Palace, and the historic Menger Hotel.
All in all, San Antonio is an ideal place for any couple or family to live.
Think you're a great fit for this position? Become a candidate here.