Weekly Attendance: 400
Neighborhood: Monroeville, Pittsburgh East, Pennsylvania
The role: The Worship Pastor will be the creator of each worship service and special programs. He will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service contains, as well as be the primary worship leader.
Meet Harvest Bible Chapel:
Harvest Bible Chapel Pittsburgh East is part of a movement reaching across the globe.
In late 2012 God affirmed his call for Pastor Jeremiah Canfield to plant a church on the east side of Pittsburgh. After completing their time at Harvest Training Center Jeremiah and his wife Stephanie were sent out through Harvest Bible Fellowship’s church planting initiative to plant a new church in East Pittsburgh. Throughout the course of 2013, God brought together over 80 people from over 30 different families to form the Core Team of Harvest Bible Chapel Pittsburgh East. Having been blessed with the ability to hold services at Gateway Middle School, the Opening Service was held on September 22, 2013. In 2017 they were able to purchase, renovate, and move into their permanent building and church home. God continues to do amazing things at Harvest Bible Chapel Pittsburgh East. The church has a heart for both real and authentic relationships for the people who walk through the doors of the church as well as a heart for the city of Pittsburgh. There is no doubt the God will continue to use them to make a difference for Him in their city.
About the Worship Pastor:
The Worship Pastor will be the creator of each worship service and special programs. He will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service contains. He must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The Worship Pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musician or performing arts director, but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
The Worship Pastor will:
- Form strong relational connections and build trust with the Worship/Tech Teams.
- Develop a trusting and collaborative relationship with the Lead Pastor.
- Bring a new level of creativity in the Sunday morning experience which includes the music and technical/media aspects.
- Create an environment of collaborative input within the team.
- Grow and develop Worship and Tech Teams.
- Show authenticity in leading the church family in worship.
- Be active and making connections within the community.
What you bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Worship Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree is preferred for this position. While not required, education experience or a degree in music or a similar field is a great bonus.
The ideal candidate for this role will have three or more years of experience, particularly in leading worship, working in ministry, or a similar field.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to and victory in moral purity.
- A Humble and teachable heart.
- Must demonstrate a desire to pastor people.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, doctrine and worship philosophy of HBCPE.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader in other locations.
- Leadership gifting.
- Strong collaborative skills and able to bring out the best in other musicians.
- Familiar with ProPresenter, Planning Center and Ableton.
- A self-starter with drive, passion and initiative.
- Exceptional relational skills.
- Preferably able to play guitar.
What it's like to live in Monroeville, Pennsylvania:
Located just 13 miles outside of Pittsburgh, Monroeville is considered by many to be the “Crossroads of Western Pennsylvania” with Interstate 376, Interstate 76 (Pennsylvania Turnpike) and U.S. Route 22 all converging here. Monroeville offers all the resources of major metropolitan areas with a small town residential atmosphere. The sense of family in Pittsburgh flows into the eastern suburb of Monroeville. Monroeville PA, offers a bevy of can’t-miss things to do, from attending special events, to getting involved in the arts and learning about local history; to dining at independent restaurants and staying active at area parks.
It is less than a 30 minute drive into downtown Pittsburgh which has various things to get involved in. For the sports fan, there is Steelers football, Pirates Baseball and Penguins Hockey. Pittsburgh has a pull for those who love the arts as well as for those who love history. The city was voted the second most livable city in 2018 and is considered the hippest city in Pennsylvania.
Think you're a great fit for this job? Become a candidate here.